Is this an Error coin?

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_1834.jpg
IMG_1835.jpg

Upvote 5
Couldn't figure out how to leave a description of what I think is the error, The 3rd number in the date is unreadable but it doesn't look like any damage to the coin. It looks like a 2 on an angle. My Brother found it in his change today.

That coin might be worth having graded/slabbed. It looks like a error to me. But without physically looking at is is hard to tell. Might check with a local coin shop, they might offer some insight.

That coin might be worth having graded/slabbed. It looks like a error to me. But without physically looking at is is hard to tell. Might check with a local coin shop, they might offer some insight.
Yeah I suggested that to my Brother.

looks like post-mint damage to me. Would still be a good filler coin for someone needing an '09-S for their whitman album

Update the coin shop determined it was PMD like a few of you said and said the number was a 4 how they figured that out is beyond me but my Brother said he pulled out 3 different magnifiers so I guess he could see the ghost imprint of the 4 on the coin.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back