✅ SOLVED Is this a tooth?

rosespetal

Dec 11, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
Whites pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes- the oddities seem to not be ending for me as I go through my pockets after detecting and looking around an old fire pit I found.

I had thought this was a part of an arrowhead or point- with all the little rocks and what nots the color matched so I put it in my pocket.
The more I look at it- the more I can't get out of my head that this is possibly a tooth of something- or someone. I'd prefer the 'thing' tbh.

What do I do bring it to a dentists office? How do you find out if somethings a tooth? Its small, and the right shape/size to be a canine,
but, again who knows. Maybe its just a rock. Guesses? Anyone find anything so weird you don't know what to make of it?
Haven't come across any bone as far as I can see-I'd think if it were to be there- its prob so old and decintigrated nothing is left I'm guessing (hoping).

it reminds me of this off the internet
https://www.ebay.com/itm/325277496435

PS yes I am the one w the poop look alike thread HAHAH same area.... 🤮

IMG_9873.jpeg
IMG_9875.jpeg
IMG_9868.jpeg
IMG_9877.jpeg

It has a tooth-like appearance. I see why you’d think that. The base (root?) doesn’t look right for a tooth to me. I’d say “just a rock”, but I’d probably pick it up too.

Upvote 2
Pics are very blurry but I’m fairly confident not a tooth enamel is smooth and that looks like it has a quartz like texture
Yea, it was in the ground, by that firepit, and I was just putting oddities in my pocket as it eroded some w my splashing against the banks. I absolutely LOATHE teeth lol- couldn't even touch my kids teeth when they'd fall out for the tooth fairy!! Heres a mini video w my cell phone. I'd much rather no teeth personally, cause I'll prob get sick :dontknow: It does look like one, and IDK animal teeth well at all either.
https://www.canva.com/design/DAFqCj...e&utm_medium=link&utm_source=publishsharelink

Upvote 0
Rosepetal, it also helps to post pictures that are in focus, before you upload them blow them up, if they are out of focus take new pictures.

All are out of focus..

Upvote 1
Rosepetal, it also helps to post pictures that are in focus, before you upload them blow them up, if they are out of focus take new pictures.

All are out of focus..
Yes, very hard to do w my cell sadly. The video above should clear the images up better. Thanks.

Upvote 1
Yes, very hard to do w my cell sadly. The video above should clear the images up better. Thanks.
Helpful hint when using a cell phone camera.
Lay the object on a surface that will help enhance the object.
Holding the object the camera optics focuses on the finger print instead of the object.
Depending on the cell phone there are other setting for macro photos.
The Android phones have a setting for food, which helps when photographing close ups.

Upvote 2
Helpful hint when using a cell phone camera.
Lay the object on a surface that will help enhance the object.
Holding the object the camera optics focuses on the finger print instead of the object.
Depending on the cell phone there are other setting for macro photos.
The Android phones have a setting for food, which helps when photographing close ups.
wow thanks!! Yes I am usedto regular cameras for small macro pics. I've gotta find somewhere thats got good lighting but no reflections from the light on some of my pics- its a PITA! Will try this and see how it goes tyty!

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back