• Clay 2.JPG
    Clay 2.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 328
Yeap,, sure looks like one ;D
Marbles are fun finds too
If youer getting clay marbles, its 100 yr old site

HH TIM ;D

Upvote 0
Thanks, that's what I thought, because I'm finding coins that old too.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
100 yr old coins?? huh???
I want to see

HH TIM ;D

Upvote 0
I'd agree... clay marble. I'm more interested in the sulphide (clear marble). Is there a figure inside of it? (or am I just seeing your reflection?)

Upvote 0
Sorry, but currently I'm not posting my finds. I found three gold items yesterday, a 1949 double clipped dime, 43 War Nic, 5 wheat’s, a huge silver mans ring, a 1996 Olympic swimming team token, and an old GS badge that depicts an Eagle.

No, that peewee cleary marble only has a nice rainbow patina and it only reflects my image when I look closely at it.

HH

Upvote 0
Ant said:
The other two marbles are for scale, the small one is a peewee, and the other one is standard size. I found it at an old site.

A fun find but just because you found clay marbles doesn't make the site at least 100yrs old. I found a bunch of marbles of all shapes and sizes, both glass and clay. In the same spot I also found bottles, coins, tokens and other things. Everything that had a date was between the 1940's - 1960's. I think it was a small garbage or burning pit because of some of the other items I found as well. There were over 30 marbles alone, about 3 or 4 medicine bottles, mini perfume bottles, a transit token and these strange charms with what looks like some kind of oriental symbol just to name a few.

Upvote 0
Ant,

Mastereagle22, my hunting buddy, found one identical to that at an old house in Southeast Missouri a few months ago. He was advised that this was a rare marble and very early. You should PM him with a pic and ask him about it. He can fill in the details. Take care.

Baldingboy

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back