✅ SOLVED Iron object between old fort and it's cemetary

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this today, thinking it looks hand forged. One of the rings (left side) looks like it used to swing freely, and the other two look like they are stationary. I have been image searching all afternoon, but came up empty handed. Hopefully an expert on here has seen this before...

20180503_152614.jpg
20180503_152629.jpg

Thanks as always for the help!!

That seems reasonable. I kind of wondered about that, but wasn't sure. Seemed big to me for 1/2 of a horse bit, but you could be right. Thank you for the reply...

Upvote 0
I'd say pretty darned exact! Thank you both!! :icon_thumleft:

Glad to help.
I recently found one on my own property in the Ark-La-Miss that Im thinking is a CW era Mule bit. Found it in the Middle of Hardwoods, so im pretty excited for other finds in the area now.. Good hunting..

Upvote 0
Glad to help.
I recently found one on my own property in the Ark-La-Miss that Im thinking is a CW era Mule bit. Found it in the Middle of Hardwoods, so im pretty excited for other finds in the area now.. Good hunting..

I am really excited to put together my post later this summer, once i am content we have gotten everything this property has to offer me at my current skill level. I have been finding quite a few relics that all fall into this exact same period of this historical property. Good luck on your property, and hopefully someday i am able to help you by returning a positive ID on one of your posts. :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0
Gotta be lots of great detecting in Wisconsin.
I was up for the LSU vs Wisconsin game couple years back, was my first time in Wisconsin, stayed up in Door County... Absolutely fell in love with the state, cant wait to visit again.. Great people there too..

Upvote 0
Gotta be lots of great detecting in Wisconsin.
I was up for the LSU vs Wisconsin game couple years back, was my first time in Wisconsin, stayed up in Door County... Absolutely fell in love with the state, cant wait to visit again.. Great people there too..

You ever make your way to the Mississippi River- Crawford County area, and you have a contact here you will take you to hunt anytime!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back