kansa54

Aug 12, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1500 Tesoro Vaquero Tesoro Silver Sabre micro max
Makro Racer 2 Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Went out to the Indian campsite yesterday and found this iron hoe at a depth of 20 in. Figured it was in a storage pit but didn't find anything else with it. The thing is huge, I would hate to chop weeds with it for very long.
Also a pic of some other relics that I found yesterday. A Dragoon and Infantry buttons, Indian made copper and iron bracelets, and lead bullets. iron hoe 001.JPGiron hoe 004.JPGiron hoe 005.JPG

Upvote 0
I'd love to see better pics of the copper piece. Is it a kettle metal piece. Looks irregular in thickness? Regardless nice hut!

Glenn, they would take a piece of wire and hammer it flat in certain spots and usually take a file and cut notches in it for decorations. The first photo is the one I found yesterday and the other photo are some I've found on the same site, showing different types of decoration.copper 001.JPGcopper 002.JPG

Very nice. I have not seen them before. Thanks for the extra photos.

Those notched brass C bracelets date way back from what I've seen coming from sites here in Oklahoma. Maybe around the 1740s. I believe you're right- the Indians probably took a file to them. Then again, the traders may have done the same thing. Nice finds!

LRH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back