Texasbootz

Greenie
Dec 5, 2023
Buda, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found this 1mm thick, 35mm diameter iron disc in Central TX. Any chance it is a highly worn coin? When inspecting intently, my minds eye sees unnatural patterns on one side - am I imagining something not there?
1000008093.jpg
1000008094.jpg
1000008093.jpg
1000008094.jpg

Slug out of an electrical box/panel perhaps.
How big us it actually?

Upvote 1
Do electric box slugs typically have one, two or more attachment tabs? It's measured size is 1mm thick and 35mm diameter
Doing my own research, I believe you are correct. It appears to be an electric panel "knock out slug". I can see one spot around the perimeter that resembles a weld point. Thank you!

Upvote 1
Doing my own research, I believe you are correct. It appears to be an electric panel "knock out slug". I can see one spot around the perimeter that resembles a weld point. Thank you!
You got a first.

You can knock that one off the list.

Not sure which list it might be though. 🤣

Upvote 1
When I was in 4th grade my cousin and I watched a lineman change a street light near our houses. We saw something drop to the ground. After he left we found a slug below the light. It looked about the size of a quarter. We rode up to the laundromat and tried it in the change machine. Bingo! We then started checking under all the street lights. We found four or five more and cashed them in. We kept our mouths shut and never got caught.

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back