Introducing myself!

SleuthinCA

Aug 4, 2024
SoCal Desert
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 440
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, all! Just wanted to post an introduction. I joined because I am looking to get into detecting and wanted to get tips and tricks, and to see everyone's finds, of course. I've been interested in getting a detector for years, I just haven't bitten the bullet to get one yet, but I'm ready now! I'll take any and all recommendations.

A little about me - I'm a single mom to 3 girls (20, 17, 12) and we love to spend tons of times outdoors, camping, hiking, etc. We are big rockhounds, treasure hunters, beach combers. We live in the desert of Southern California, so right now is not prime outdoor time for us and I can't wait for it to cool down. I look forward to being a part of these forums!

Hi, all!...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at FORUM: CALIFORNIA for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Welcome to the forum from Oregon. Good luck on pursuing this hobby!

Thanks, all! I picked up my first detector today - a Minelab Vanquish 440. Excited to get started! I can tell I'm going to get addicted.

Welcome aboard! Recommendations will depend on where you're going to detect, what you expect/try to find, and your budget.

Welcome aboard!👍🏼🙏🏼

Best advice is to just do it! Get out there, anywhere, any time and do it… Then research where you want to metal detect and don’t be afraid to ask for permission to detect on private property. Oh and don’t forget to enjoy “being in the moment”, along with any treasure you find.👍🏼😬. Good luck!🍀

Welcome !
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back