intresting finds

rivernomad44

Feb 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sorry bout the poor pics had to use a very old phone my sd card is shot, not much luck lately but here is a few things i had from one of the earliest sites ive been too mostly mid- late archaic i was wondering about this first piece i think is ground and deff broke but would like some input 099.jpg100.jpg109.jpg110.jpg and some kindof dart/point?101.jpg102.jpg111.jpg112.jpg112.jpgand some type of tool i think maybe for grinding? 106.jpg107.jpg108.jpg thankks for looking and helpin me get info

Upvote 0
Yeah its just too hard to see

Sorry, but I don't see anything that would lead me to think any of those are artifacts. They all look like natural stones to me.

I cant say for sure, but your last piece may be a pecking stone of some sort. I can see rather crude working on another piece. Hey! Crude or museum quality, still artifacts. I'm going to say good eye. That is just me. I'm not asking the other guys to join me, and I certainly will not get into a flame war over it. I see what I see. I don't follow leaders and neither should any of you. State what you see, in order to help our brother River Nomad out. No other reasons. Nice River. I'm still bummed that my state let you down my brother!

2222.jpg I see "possible" use here, but I wouldn't call it a point or projectile, also while there are stones that naturally look that way, but if you find a pc from a site your finding stuff at the chances are the pc was flaked off parent pc as seems kinda clear with this even though its crude material ....looks like sandstone almost from here. One thing to learn to identify on pcs like this is polish. I'll bet if magnified or even by eye you can determine if there was any "unnatural" striations abrasions or polish. Same with the pc below. Its not often that you find something that shape with an abrupt change in shape such as that flatness. If you were trained to recognize polish, abrasions, tooling use striations etc. and using a magnifier you can determine use in a lot more pcs and on say more areas of pcs than you might think. But thats not to say that there isnt rocks out there with natural abrupt changes in appearance like this. Its all in learning to recognize above mentioned

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back