VictorVincimus

Mar 11, 2013
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg
I found this in a dump hole of an old house. I couldn't find any info on this brand. Any help?

Think it has something to do with an inverted vee antenna! is a type of antenna in which the two side of the dipole are perpendicular to each other instead of parallel. Just a guess though.

Like a logo for it.

Upvote 0
just a shot in the dark here but with those 3 holes in it....could it be some kind of conductor attachment? maybe wire or something went through those holes?

Upvote 0
Think it has something to do with an inverted vee antenna! is a type of antenna in which the two side of the dipole are perpendicular to each other instead of parallel. Just a guess though.

Like a logo for it.

Perhaps it is the base or some part of it because of the multiple holes.

Upvote 0
It's says C. J. It's a logo plate. I just couldn't find any info on it at all as far as the brand goes.

Upvote 0
i did get 1 hit with CJ vee but when i went to the page it was all gibberish.....kind of looked like my spelling some times :tongue3:

Upvote 0
No. It's blank. What's weird is that there has never been any power or wiring of any kind in this house. It was in the privy hole.

Upvote 0
I didn't find much.

Institute of Radio Engineers - 1929 - VICTOREEN, CHARLES J. (A'27), President and General Manager, Vee Products Co., 173 N. Michigan Ave. Chicago

Not sure if it is related to the more famous Victoreen Instrument Co. (made radios and geiger counters), but I suspect so.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
You would think that being an antenna that you would find info directly on it

Upvote 0
Ebay has one of these Vee Products Antennas for sale.

You would think that being an antenna that you would find info directly on it

I am a model admin at radiomusuem.org and was researching a new eBay listing for a C. J. Vee Products Coil-Antenna and ran across this thread. Here is the eBay auction info.

eBay item number: 272110196200

This eBay auction will answer the original question about where the tag came from. This thread helped me identify where the C. J. Vee Products was located at. I knew the company was a division of the Story & Clark Piano Co. , Chicago but didn't know they shared the same Michigan Ave. address.

Cheers.

Alan Larsen

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back