Interesting Precious Metal Pieces -Jewelry,Scottish, English, Ring, Chain Any Ideas?

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All --- I'm posting below some items which I am having trouble identifying. The first one is a ring that was found metal detecting along the Raritan River in Middlesex County, NJ Just this last weekend. I am trying to pin down its age -- It's about 9 Carat Gold and thus likely British. Any chance its from the Georgian Era?

Next up is an odd little thing that looks like a whistle. It is sterling silver and appears to have English marks. My brother bought it in an auction along with the next item which has Scottish makers marks and a date code for 1820's. We figure out it is by the J.W. Howden Company of Scottland. It is kind of like a pendant, but then it has almost like a belt buckle on the front. Rather odd.

Finally is this big heavy double chain. A young lady can fit both chains around her neck (we tried it). It is solid stelring silver. Trying to figure out how old it is. I'm thinking 1900 at the earliest but it doesn't have any telltale attributes that I can pick up on. The symbol looks arabic, but I had an arab speaking friend look at it and he did not recognize it.

Thanks Very much for any help you can provide. We've also posted some exciting new finds in the Today's Find Section and the Garage Sale Section.

Attachments

• JewelryMD_Find.jpg
    JewelryMD_Find.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 108
  • WhatIsIt4.jpg
    WhatIsIt4.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 110
  • WhatIsIt5.jpg
    WhatIsIt5.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 113
  • WhatIsIt6.jpg
    WhatIsIt6.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 100
  • WhatIsIt7.jpg
    WhatIsIt7.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 113
  • WhatIsIt8.jpg
    WhatIsIt8.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 111
  • WhatIsIt9.jpg
    WhatIsIt9.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 104
  • WhatIsIt1.jpg
    WhatIsIt1.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 96
  • WhatIsIt2.jpg
    WhatIsIt2.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 90
  • WhatIsIt3.jpg
    WhatIsIt3.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 86
I forgot -- the ring was crushed and I "uncrushed" it with needlenose pliers. I'm pretty sure that's the way it is supposed to be shaped.

Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back