intentify morgan dollar

T

tuckwt

Attachments

• coins 2.jpg
    coins 2.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 380
Upvote 0
Yes they Did make Proof Morgans. all were Philadelphia Mint.

However the Red Book dosn't list any MORGAN PROOF for 1921 :(

Proof "like" coins, ?

in 1921 the only ones that were "proof" is/was the 1921-s and the 1921 plain (not the D)

and the other is probably proof "like" too.

Proof Morgans are extremely rare, and cost a LOT of $$ (usually 1000s to 10s of 1000s per coin).

UUGGGHHH TucWt . I believe I'm your long lost cousin and I believe we should share this good fortune. LOL Nice Coins. How many. ? 248, Boy thats a nice little inheritance. HH

In 1889, 811 proofs were struck, quite rare, if you have a proof congradulations! More likely what you have is a very well struck coin called proof like which is also a very desirerable coin.

miester said:
In 1889, 811 proofs were struck, quite rare, if you have a proof congradulations! More likely what you have is a very well struck coin called proof like which is also a very desirerable coin.

exactly,

"Proof like" or PL coins (Morgans in general) are collectors choice, and they usually get 10 to 20% premiums over the regular MS strikes,

Could you take/show us pics of the 2 coins you have that you believe may be proof??

The one pic you showed doesn't show much detail, and you only showed one coin,

nice cache no matter!

HH

Lonewolfe

Those are nice coins even if they are not proof.

HH!!

Attachments

• WTG1.jpg
    WTG1.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 248
  • WTG1.jpg
    WTG1.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 204
sorry I havent gotten back.
The back of the top coin is the 1889 coin and of course the front is the 1921.

wont be able to get better pictures for a few more days.
Thanks for the feedback

Although no proofs were made for that particular mint, if its in proof like condishion the value is still much higher than normal. Take it to a coin deallar to get it apprasied for condishion. HH Jonathan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back