Insulator ID

pistol-pete

Nov 4, 2012
Custer County, CO. at 9300 Ft.
Detector(s) used
1970 Garrett Hunter, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Gold, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had this insulator (I think). Can any of you attempt to ID it and give an idea of value? Thanks in advance. It's 4 3/8" tall and 2 3/8 Dia. NO threads in side.Had it since the early 70's IMG_1145.JPG

Last edited:
Very cool, great I.D. Deepseeker.

Upvote 0
Would like to put it on ebay or somewhere, any ideas on minimum bit.

I'm not an "insulator guy", I just got lucky with the ID.

In your case, what I would do is sit on it for a while, see how this thread progresses. And since you have an ID which seems to be the truth, more research is certainly in order.

And patience is as well :)

I'd figure you're going to be quite pleased once again....

Upvote 0
COOL Find, PP..I've seen some indicators go pretty high on eBay. With out looking I think that could have some good potential value? I've run into insulator collectors on the hunt in some of the antique shops I stop at on the road. One guy described some I should be on the lookout for, but I can't remember what those are as I see hundreds of the common ones for sale. I did find a purple one for something like 15 bucks and did buy it. I can't remember, but I do think I more then doubled my money selling it on eBay.

Upvote 0
Nice one... I collected insulators for years and I've never seen one of those. I'd say contact one of the collector pages and ask them as far as value, it's certainly worth more than a garden variety Hemingray....

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back