Indian head, a wheatie spill and merc from the new permission, gold and silver from the water

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
I got a new permission for a home with a small yard. The lady of the house said many years ago a friend of her son took some gold rings and coins from her and she believes some of them ended up in the back yard. The house was built in 1927 and has been in her family all that time.

I spent 3 hours swingin the CZ21 and covered a very small section of the yard. I found 32 coins with a face value of $1.02, a whole fleet of toy cars, an odd brass piece, an IHP, 7 wheaties, 3 play coins, a small brass piece, a key, an aluminum ear piece from a pair of glasses, a brass screwdriver that had exchangeable tips, a few tabs, bits of aluminum siding and foil.

DSCN3443.jpeg

DSCN3445.jpeg

2 of the toy cars are modern and the owner things they belonged to her boys. Most of the rest are Tootsie Toys or Midgetoy from the 1950s and 60s. There is also a mashed diesel engine toy. She believes these belonged to her brother.

DSCN3442.jpeg

The Indian head penny is a nice looking 1889. It needs a little more cleaning, but the details are all good and LIBERTY is all there with no signs of wear. There are 7 wheaties. The 1929 was found alone, the rest were all in the same hole. 1940, 1944, 1955, 1955D, 1956 and 1956. Most of the rest of the pennies (27 total pennies) are copper with only 2 being modern zinc.

DSCN3446.jpeg

DSCN3447.jpeg

The 3 play coins are a 5 cent, a 25 cent and a 50 cent, 2 PLAY COINS and a PLAY MONEY coin. These were all found close together and very close to the wheatie spill.

DSCN3444.jpeg

I told the owner and her husband they can have anything they wants or they can have it all. I will be going back again soon to cover more of the yard.

DAY 2 PART 1
I went back to the park swimming area to detect they water that is left. It is only about half the size it would be if the water was at the full level. I spent 4 hours swingin the ATPro and found 34 coins with a face value of $3.40, a name pendant, 4 rings, assorted other jewelry including a small piece of a broken ring, 1 tab, an assortment of sinkers, a toy hot rod and foil. I also scooped up some hair pins because they sound so loud and can mask small goodie targets (not pictured).

DSCN3449.jpeg

The false fingernail with all the cheapie bling on it sounded pretty good. Not your normal find. The name pendant is 14k and was part of a coin spill. The spill was reading 87, then 81, then 76, 87 again and then 42. I thought 42, probably foil, but no it was the pendant. 2 of the rings are silver with czs, there are 2 silver earring backs as well. A few nice surprises from the water on this trip.

DSCN3450.jpeg

DSCN3451.jpeg

DAY 2 PART 2
I went back to the new permission to cover some more of the yard. It has some fairly trashy spot so it is slow going. There are a decent number of good target so it was worth the trip. In 3.5 hours with the CZ21 I found 32 coins with a face value of $1.64, 7 wheaties (1911, 1940, 1941, 1946, 1947, 1953, 1955), a silver dime, a play dime, a Pepsi game tab (V), an older rose bush tag (Arlene Francis was a tv personality from the 1950s and 60s), 5 keys (3 matching car keys in the same hole), lots of toy cars and pieces of cars, foil, tabs and a few odds and ends.

DSCN3453.jpeg

DSCN3452.jpeg

DSCN3455.jpeg

The dime is a 1942 merc. I do love those dimes. Of course the aluminum play dime is not nearly as nice. So now I have found the complete set of play coins, 5, 10, 25 and 50 except for the penny. Maybe on the next trip.

DSCN3454.jpeg

DAY 3
I did another early morning water hunt at the park. We are having a few fall like days and the air temperature was 48 with a steady wind. Things were a lot cooler than I had hoped. I spent 4 hours swingin the ATPro and found 46 coins with a face value of $4.78, an assortment of jewelry including 2 cheapie rings, 3 tabs, a sinker, a brass lamp nut, a selfie stick retainer, a few hair pins and foil.

DSCN3459.jpeg

No precious metal this time. The 2 rings are the best finds. The tiny one looks like it had 2 stones that are now missing. The black stainless ring has a chain in the center and is actually a spinner. The chain spins around the outside of the ring.

DSCN3460.jpeg

I found Mario hiding under the water. He tried to walk around with my 2 rings. I didn’t know he was such a sneaky little guy.

DSCN3462.jpeg

NONE DETECTOR FINDS
I found a few coins as we walked around, nothing from the coinstar or the coin returns this week. I did spot a tiny heart on the road as we walked on Main Street. It looks like it has been run over about a hundred times. It is so beat up I can’t find a mark on it, but I did an acid test and it is 14k. It only weighs .02 troy ounces but with the price of gold going up it is worth $29.71 as scrap so not a bad little find.

DSCN3463.jpeg

DSCN3456.jpeg

So another interesting week. Some old stuff, silver and gold and the ground is a lot cleaner because of all the trash and treasure that got removed. I did my part. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 23
DAY 1
I got a new permission for a home with a small yard. The lady of the house said many years ago a friend of her son took some gold rings and coins from her and she believes some of them ended up in the back yard. The house was built in 1927 and has been in her family all that time.

I spent 3 hours swingin the CZ21 and covered a very small section of the yard. I found 32 coins with a face value of $1.02, a whole fleet of toy cars, an odd brass piece, an IHP, 7 wheaties, 3 play coins, a small brass piece, a key, an aluminum ear piece from a pair of glasses, a brass screwdriver that had exchangeable tips, a few tabs, bits of aluminum siding and foil.

View attachment 2165319

View attachment 2165321

2 of the toy cars are modern and the owner things they belonged to her boys. Most of the rest are Tootsie Toys or Midgetoy from the 1950s and 60s. There is also a mashed diesel engine toy. She believes these belonged to her brother.

View attachment 2165318

The Indian head penny is a nice looking 1889. It needs a little more cleaning, but the details are all good and LIBERTY is all there with no signs of wear. There are 7 wheaties. The 1929 was found alone, the rest were all in the same hole. 1940, 1944, 1955, 1955D, 1956 and 1956. Most of the rest of the pennies (27 total pennies) are copper with only 2 being modern zinc.

View attachment 2165317

View attachment 2165322

The 3 play coins are a 5 cent, a 25 cent and a 50 cent, 2 PLAY COINS and a PLAY MONEY coin. These were all found close together and very close to the wheatie spill.

View attachment 2165320

I told the owner and her husband they can have anything they wants or they can have it all. I will be going back again soon to cover more of the yard.

DAY 2 PART 1
I went back to the park swimming area to detect they water that is left. It is only about half the size it would be if the water was at the full level. I spent 4 hours swingin the ATPro and found 34 coins with a face value of $3.40, a name pendant, 4 rings, assorted other jewelry including a small piece of a broken ring, 1 tab, an assortment of sinkers, a toy hot rod and foil. I also scooped up some hair pins because they sound so loud and can mask small goodie targets (not pictured).

View attachment 2165323

The false fingernail with all the cheapie bling on it sounded pretty good. Not your normal find. The name pendant is 14k and was part of a coin spill. The spill was reading 87, then 81, then 76, 87 again and then 42. I thought 42, probably foil, but no it was the pendant. 2 of the rings are silver with czs, there are 2 silver earring backs as well. A few nice surprises from the water on this trip.

View attachment 2165324

View attachment 2165325

DAY 2 PART 2
I went back to the new permission to cover some more of the yard. It has some fairly trashy spot so it is slow going. There are a decent number of good target so it was worth the trip. In 3.5 hours with the CZ21 I found 32 coins with a face value of $1.64, 7 wheaties (1911, 1940, 1941, 1946, 1947, 1953, 1955), a silver dime, a play dime, a Pepsi game tab (V), an older rose bush tag (Arlene Francis was a tv personality from the 1950s and 60s), 5 keys (3 matching car keys in the same hole), lots of toy cars and pieces of cars, foil, tabs and a few odds and ends.

View attachment 2165327

View attachment 2165326

View attachment 2165329

The dime is a 1942 merc. I do love those dimes. Of course the aluminum play dime is not nearly as nice. So now I have found the complete set of play coins, 5, 10, 25 and 50 except for the penny. Maybe on the next trip.

View attachment 2165328

DAY 3
I did another early morning water hunt at the park. We are having a few fall like days and the air temperature was 48 with a steady wind. Things were a lot cooler than I had hoped. I spent 4 hours swingin the ATPro and found 46 coins with a face value of $4.78, an assortment of jewelry including 2 cheapie rings, 3 tabs, a sinker, a brass lamp nut, a selfie stick retainer, a few hair pins and foil.

View attachment 2165330

No precious metal this time. The 2 rings are the best finds. The tiny one looks like it had 2 stones that are now missing. The black stainless ring has a chain in the center and is actually a spinner. The chain spins around the outside of the ring.

View attachment 2165331

I found Mario hiding under the water. He tried to walk around with my 2 rings. I didn’t know he was such a sneaky little guy.

View attachment 2165332

NONE DETECTOR FINDS
I found a few coins as we walked around, nothing from the coinstar or the coin returns this week. I did spot a tiny heart on the road as we walked on Main Street. It looks like it has been run over about a hundred times. It is so beat up I can’t find a mark on it, but I did an acid test and it is 14k. It only weighs .02 troy ounces but with the price of gold going up it is worth $29.71 as scrap so not a bad little find.

View attachment 2165333

View attachment 2165334

So another interesting week. Some old stuff, silver and gold and the ground is a lot cleaner because of all the trash and treasure that got removed. I did my part. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Outstanding Performance
Congratulations on a Successful week

Great place to detect with all those recoveries! Congratulations on all of them. Bet you had a lot of fun there. Thanks for sharing with us.

Wow! Do you think that car key might have started a HUDSON? That would be pretty cool.
Thanks for the reply. The keys look like Chrysler keys. The H probably stands for the folks that live here. Their last name starts with an H. Stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

YOU DID OUTSTANDING !!! congrats

Lots of goodies. I laughed when I saw the fake fingernail. Can't say I've found one of those myself. :laughing7:

You could start a used (toy) car lot! The number of them and the number of coins you found in this one small yard is surprising. It must have been lots of fun!

DAY 1

View attachment 2165319

View attachment 2165321

View attachment 2165318

View attachment 2165317

View attachment 2165322

View attachment 2165320

DAY 2 PART 1

View attachment 2165323

View attachment 2165324

View attachment 2165325

DAY 2 PART 2

View attachment 2165327

View attachment 2165326

View attachment 2165329

View attachment 2165328

DAY 3

View attachment 2165330

View attachment 2165331

View attachment 2165332

NONE DETECTOR FINDS

View attachment 2165333

View attachment 2165334

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

DAY 1

View attachment 2165319

View attachment 2165321

View attachment 2165318

View attachment 2165317

View attachment 2165322

View attachment 2165320

DAY 2 PART 1

View attachment 2165323

View attachment 2165324

View attachment 2165325

DAY 2 PART 2

View attachment 2165327

View attachment 2165326

View attachment 2165329

View attachment 2165328

DAY 3

View attachment 2165330

View attachment 2165331

View attachment 2165332

NONE DETECTOR FINDS

View attachment 2165333

View attachment 2165334

Lots of great stuff! The permission small yard. Did you use a small coil? I’m new to this hobby. Just bought a AT Pro. Thanks for sharing.

Lots of great stuff! The permission small yard. Did you use a small coil? I’m new to this hobby. Just bought a AT Pro. Thanks for sharing.
I was using a CZ21 and it has an 8 inch coil. The coil on the CZ is permanently wired and not able to be changed except at the factory. It is waterproof down to 200 feet.

I go low and slow to pick out the good signals from the iron. Good luck, stay safe and keep swingin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back