Indian/Asian Brass?? Please help

Sorry if I linked this wrong. Any help will be appreciated

Upvote 0
When I was young my father rented out a house to a very kind middle aged family from India. Every couple months the grandmother would fly in to visit and bring my sister and I back old goodies and "treasures" from their home in India.<br />
One time (ab 15+yrs ago)she brought her grandchildren back some sort of brass chalice and "genie bottle" (at least thats what it was) ... the grandchildren were my age(10-12) and said they were old and valuable religious things.. I was young and never asked them what they were though but my dad said he "thinks" it was used for tea/coffee. <br />
Long story short---I was cleaning out some boxes and couldnt believe what I found. Any info on the age/value and what exactly this is<br />
<br />
attachment.php
<br />
attachment.php
<br/>

Upvote 0
Definitely Indian Brass tea service. I think what you are calling a rooster is indeed a partridge which is associated with love, and you have Buddha which is balance/peace, born of a lotus flower.

Out of curiosity, is Buddha on the opposite side of cup #1?

On the tray it appears there are alternating lotus flowers and lotus buds. I assume the cups are placed where the ( ) are.

This would mean the tea pot, which would be placed in the middle, is missing.

Have no clue on the feathers you see without pictures.

*NOW, I see the pot. My apologies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
These are around 2.5 inches tall and 2 inches wide
c70b0bf06899a98a2c43222b4859e653.jpg
aa6c73857ca2f0ddc7c2c6e5c1c266ee.jpg

This has an unequal circumference roughly around 8.5 inches.
8f6185bf6b75f983d121116ffdbe75b7.jpg

e276b37b7181c1a0ccd74e4c57a9defb.jpg

The tray has a spot for the 4 "goblets" and "vessel"

Of the 4 cups:
2 cups have a flower/sun on one side and opposite is a feather?

1 cup has same flower/sun and opposite side is a rooster?

1 cup has same flower/sun and opposite side a meditating buddah/monk holding a tree branch??

Upvote 0
Definitely Indian Brass tea service. I think what you are calling a rooster is indeed a partridge which is associated with love, and you have Buddha which is balance/peace, born of a lotus flower.

On the tray it appears there are alternating lotus flowers and lotus buds. I assume the cups are placed where the ( ) are.

Hope that works:) thanks for the info.

Upvote 0

Is it normal for the tea pot to be without a spout

Upvote 0
LOL.....something I have no clue on is normal. As in NORMAL ANYTHING. As far as age, probably 20th Century. What is old is the religion. Buddha came before Christ.

Good Luck!

Upvote 0
LOL.....something I have no clue on is normal. As in NORMAL ANYTHING. As far as age, probably 20th Century. What is old is the religion. Buddha came before Christ.

Good Luck!
What would I call it? Indian brass tea server? Ive tried to google it and cant find anything lol

Upvote 0
Sorry, was working on a post.

It probably has a proper name, but tea service, as you say all show spouts.

BRASS DECANTER SET has this....

3662.jpg

So looks like we're back to a wine service?

Buddhist wine decanter?
Buddhist decanter set?
Buddhist wine service?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back