Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes

Attachments

• Resized_drills.jpg
    Resized_drills.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 448
Upvote 0
YES, Those are AWESOME! I will need you to bring those to the show so I can look at then better. The one on the left looks to be from the Hopewell era and I'm not sure on the other one. Both are in great condition and are really good finds. Now here is a pic. of my best drill, not found though!

Attachments

• dovetail drill.JPG
    dovetail drill.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 332
Nice finds man.Looks like material from down here.I still haven't found a whole drill yet.I got the upper 3 inches of 1,but the base was gone.NATE

Those are some incredible pieces. I always think of Arrow heads and Pottery but never considered the tools that were made also.

Thanks for the Showing guys.HH

Those are nice, I have found a couple of spear points exposed on top of the ground while detecting.

What show are you talking about? I am not that terribly far from you guys and have some artifacts I would like to try and figure out when and who made them.

Thanks!!

Alan

badandy said:
YES, Those are AWESOME! I will need you to bring those to the show so I can look at then better. The one on the left looks to be from the Hopewell era and I'm not sure on the other one. Both are in great condition and are really good finds. Now here is a pic. of my best drill, not found though!

Very nice drills by the way. I have only found one complete (at least I think its a drill) and its no where near as nice as those. Here is a bad pic of it:

HPIM0506.JPG

Alan

Hey Alan,

Nice to see you back on the forum. How's your dad doing? There are a few shows coming up. I'll find the info on them in my email inbox and post them or if you can get a hold of BADANDY, he's the one with all of the show info. Thanks for the posts and keep your eyes on the ground. The arrowheads are out there... waiting for us to pick them up!

Steven

My Dad is doing OK. Still wait and see on the head injury but he is alive and will recover physically for sure.

Let me know about the shows I will come to at least one of them! I was planning on going to the one Oct 22nd already. Be nice to meet some one from the board who has been doing this longer. lol I hope to have a new hunting area soon and I might even get some time to go out again sometime soon. I hope anyways..... :)

Alan

Those are great looking. Where do you find them for the most part? I'm in central New Mexico and would love to go arrowhead hunting, just not sure where to start.

I find my arrowheads in a plowed field. I'm pretty lucky that all of my artifacts come from one field. But I would check any plowed fields there, Creeks beds, streams, anywhere where water has eroded the soil or the soil has been turned over by machinery (ie farmers, construction and so on) Good luck and Happy hunting. Let us know what you find!

Steven

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back