In the middle of the woods.

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While in S.C a week or so ago I was walking deep in the woods on my way back to the truck so I just put the old ACE 250 on

all metal and held the coil down as I walked. I went a mile or 2 with out a sound then I got a Little tone. I didn't have to dig deep

as I found that the area about the size of a car about 6 feet by 10 feet was covered with these little things. I have no ideal what

they are but I think they my be some type of saw teeth. I did see a few really old stumps in the area. The two 12 Ga shells came

from the same area and date back to around the 1920's.

thanks for looking

Kermit

Attachments

• tn_DSC018121.JPG
    tn_DSC018121.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 483
  • tn_DSC018111.JPG
    tn_DSC018111.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 471
Upvote 0
I have no idea but never the less!

Attachments

• cool.jpg
    cool.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 461
  • cool.jpg
    cool.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 470
Oh no!!!? Land shark teeth!!? I wonder who won, the shark or the guy with the shotgun?? ?;)

OK, on the serious side I did a search on vintage saws and some of them are huge, but didn't see any with teeth exactly like those. I think you're right though. Typically, wouldn't they just wear down and not break off, but maybe it was really rusty to start with.

comfyinvermont said:
Hey kermit, can you clean one up and post a picture,? Might help with ID...Lance

Working on it right now.................................

they look like some type of saw teeth to me.

They are replacable saw teeth from a large diameter circlesaw . They are the actual tooth that fits into a quartermoon shank that is forced into a collar in the saw propper . I have actual experience with these saws and that is what they are for sure .

I think Prairie Wolf is right on the button, those are saw teeth. Must have been a portable saw mill set up there long ago. You may find more goodies if you make a grid search of that little clearing area! HH Gene

i agree with g45-70,there may be some good stuff lost there by the workmen.probably worth a look see.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back