Important question about metal material found detecting!!

koolaidsmile

May 17, 2012
I found this metal material that set off my metal detector and read as silver. I tested it and its not magnetic and I also tested it with acid tester and its not changing to red like it should if it were silver. So I put 22kt gold tester on it,the strongest stuff I had and it just turned the liquid a pale yellow and didn't seem to harm the material at all? Any ideas of what it could be? It seems to be? I'm very anxious to find out! My mind is goin nuts trying to think of what it could possibly be? Thanks everyone for your help!! :-)

image-1813935666.jpg

image-332131109.jpg

image-4265435067.jpg

Kathy (koolaidsmile) :-)

Attachments

• image-3285368398.jpg
    image-3285368398.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 79
There is a section of the Oregon Dunes over at the coast that they let people run 4 wheeler RV's, and they have a heck of a good time racing around and up and down the dunes. The folks that go there will camp along the road by the dunes, and in the evening they build large fires, drink beer and throw the empty cans in the fire, and/or drop bottle caps in the sand. Then sometime later people will take there RV and will blow through the old fire, spinning their wheels, blasting charcoal and melted aluminum all over the place. Thinking that all that sand and all those drunk people would make that a good place to hunt, I tried, and have given up because of the can nuggets being everywhere, and your stuff looks just like what is scattered all over the dunes down at the mouth of the Umpqua River.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I also found a large number of these at Lake Erie. They come up as 25 cents and silver on my MD.

Upvote 0
Yep, I find those at rope swing/swimming hole/party sites a lot. Stinks because a lot of it ends up in the water where the loot should be. The aluminum rings nice and clear like coins a lot so its hard to miss.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back