Imperial Russian Pitcher and Bowl??

ConnerBates123

Aug 4, 2015
AL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Other
Bought what I believe is Imperial Russian Bowl and Pitcher, any information is appreciated, no markings other than a red "1" and "3". Any idea to a ball park value would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance. Photos will be attached.

20160611_090639.jpg20160611_090633.jpg

Well there's a start...guess that kinda sorta confirms the Imperial Russian part, wish there was a link attached to that Pinterest post I could access and find out more :(

Upvote 0
Is it in perfect condition? No chips, fractures, scratches to the glaze ?? These ceramic buyers are one picky bunch of collectors if you looking for top dollar.

Upvote 0
That's a plus, but I can't find any sales records of this one out there. I guess look into see what other antique wash basin's have gone for and compare it some of the closest that match in size, age, appearance and origin or just take it to a antique appraiser? No telling really what someone would be willing to pay top dollar for it. :dontknow:

Upvote 0
There is an identical one on Pinterest, this is the only one I have found. The photo comes from an old ebay listing, or so it appears. It was listed as a "Victorian Russian Imperial Antique Pitcher Basin Gilded Hand Painted Birds Flowers"
I wouldn't put too much stock in that as proof based on an ebay sales title. Ebayer sellers can be very colorful in their titles when it comes to using key words to produce hits on their listings. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it is or isn't Russian, I'm just saying not everything you see on ebay is listing correctly. I would ask how you acquired it and is it possible that it is the very same one that is shown on Pinterest? http://pin.it/C66PCiz

a5319c6969e9afa6b4df2ccb27d33689.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I bought the piece at a yard sale from an older lady who, when I asked where she had purchased it, said she had gotten it from an estate sale many years ago from a home somewhere up north from a couple who had lived to be over 100, good story I guess :laughing7: . I'm not sure if it could be the same one.....probably not since its been with the lady I bought it from for many years.

Upvote 0
That's what I was hoping for were sales record to exist somewhere....hm, I wonder where I could find an appraiser, I've found out that's a hard thing to do living in such a small community. I'd probably have to go to the nearest larger city, about an hour away.

Upvote 0
That's what I was hoping for were sales record to exist somewhere....hm, I wonder where I could find an appraiser, I've found out that's a hard thing to do living in such a small community. I'd probably have to go to the nearest larger city, about an hour away.
Just know this they can be wrong on values also. Hopefully some time in the future a reported sale will come along and you'll have a better idea? Maybe ask the question of some of the larger long in the business antique dealers what they think it's worth? If I had to guess I would say it may have the potential to maybe go for $800. to $1000., but still that's kind of a shot in the dark on my end. Could only be worth $250. or $2500 "or more ???. It's a tough one as it doesn't have a mark that would help in pinning down more of when it was made and by whom it was made. I'm with late Victorian, but I really don't know?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back