Im not going to lie, Im skeptical . . . . but

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
The black hole between Montana and Colorado.
Detector(s) used
Truffle seeking pig modified for metal.

The results have been so-so

When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not going to lie, I'm skeptical . . . . but

I believe that a feller found some gold plates that told the story of Jesus in America.

I have seen a few dowsers over the years. I live in oil country, and I have seen very large national companies pay good money to get dowsers onto their land. I also watched as a dowser found a buried propane line in 5 minutes after MDers searched for weeks.

So here are some pics. This is an old homestead from the 1860s-1880s that my family owns. It has never been metal detected. The photos are from several trips, but they show both sides of the cabin remains. Pretty much everything you see in the distance, we own. So I will be searching a lot of the area.

I will be hitting it hard this summer. From the photos, any areas of interest?

cabin 1.jpgcabin 2.jpg

Green is for archaeological type hits, red for best spots to check metal detecting.

cabin 1-Wyomingmedic.jpg

#2 pic, background must have had some activity in the past.

cabin 2-Wyomingmedic.jpg

Very interesting. Thank you for that.

This whole valley played host to several large cavalry movements, as well as being only a few miles from the Oregon Trail.

The valley behind me in the 2nd photo (over my right shoulder) is a very elk heavy valley where I do shed hunting. I have seen what I assume to be large animal trails, but they are worn in such a pattern that I wonder if they are old native paths. This piece of land holds a natural spring and the only available water for many miles.

As I learn more about dousing, I'm curious what kinds of success rates are typically seen when done with photos?

Again, thank you.

WM

I use green for a variety of archaeological type hits including Native American flints, old foundation stones or sites, pottery, sometime signs/markers. Red areas can be artifacts of value also.

I do get some feedback, photos emailed me at times of dowsing finds made. People in other countries such as Philippines, seem to do much better and that is without even owning a metal detector, just strickly dowsing.

The base of trees is a great place to swing, due to people taking breaks under them and/or using them as landmarks to bury stuff. :)

I believe that a feller found some gold plates that told the story of Jesus in America.

I have seen a few dowsers over the years. I live in oil country, and I have seen very large national companies pay good money to get dowsers onto their land. I also watched as a dowser found a buried propane line in 5 minutes after MDers searched for weeks.

So here are some pics. This is an old homestead from the 1860s-1880s that my family owns. It has never been metal detected. The photos are from several trips, but they show both sides of the cabin remains. Pretty much everything you see in the distance, we own. So I will be searching a lot of the area.

I will be hitting it hard this summer. From the photos, any areas of interest?

View attachment 736634View attachment 736635
I would check carefully around the cabin's water source, and between the cabin and the water, and also try to locate the outhouse, and check that.
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back