Im new!

gsmeiers

Nov 25, 2004
Appleton, WI
I'm new!

I'm a newbie here... I've read some articles now and then and decided to register today.? I've had the bug to do some more metal detecting.? I used to go metal dectecting with my dad when I was little...? We used just a cheapy little detector purchased at a local electronics store.

A few days ago I ordered a Garrett GTI 2500.? ?Can't wait for it to come!? ?Right now I'm doing some research on where I'm going to detect.? I've been pooring over some old maps of the area (Appleton, WI) and trying to find some lost places to check.

I'm quite enjoying all of the "finds" posted here and hope I'll have some good ones to post sometime soon -- hopefully before it freezes here!

Glad to be here!

Garrett

Upvote 0
Re: I'm new!

Welcome to the forum and the hobby (addiction is more like it) --if you spend anyamount of time on this forum you will be miles ahead...I can't tell you how much i've learned by going through old posts and just following the threads. Also pretty funny watching people trying to stump Buckram..I'm guessing only a select few really know his identity. The spiderman of MD'ng!! :-})

You will love this Hobby. My father and uncles used to do a little detecting when I was a boy. Now that I have my own detector I find that it just kind of gets in your blood and you can never find enough time to enjoy it. I never come back empty handed. This forum is packed with ideas that have made my detecting much more productive.......So welcome to the brotherhood and let us know how the hunting goes.

welcome and thanks for posting...be sure to keep us informed of those wisconsin treasures

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back