IHP and rough store card from out of the trenches

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter, Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites MXT, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit a road project, possibly for the last time today. It is quickly being sewn up. Most everything has been filled in, but they were laying a trench and sinking electrical boxes in areas that already had a lot of fill dirt added. The trenches went down a couple of feet so I could see that some original dirt was being piled alongside the trench. So I spent some time scanning the dirt piles. Hit a couple targets almost immediately.

Coins Obverse 100624.jpgCoins Reverse 100624.jpg

The Indian doesn't look too bad. But the store card is rough! It is Cobb & Fisher, Dealers of Crockery, Kalamazoo. It is R-5 scarcity. Maybe I'll electrocute it. Couldn't possibly make it much worse.

Spent another 2-3 hours wandering around trying to find any original dirt that might be left to play in. Tried digging nails in a number of areas. Not a lot to show for it though.

Finds 100624.jpg

Today's finds...

1863 Store Card, Cobb & Fisher, Dealers in Crockery, Kalamazoo
1883 Indian Head Penny
(2) Wheatback cents 1944, 1946-D
Smashed button front, Great Seal
Lead shot
Mean looking buckle (horse tack?)

PBS

Upvote 3
Hit a road project, possibly for the last time today. It is quickly being sewn up. Most everything has been filled in, but they were laying a trench and sinking electrical boxes in areas that already had a lot of fill dirt added. The trenches went down a couple of feet so I could see that some original dirt was being piled alongside the trench. So I spent some time scanning the dirt piles. Hit a couple targets almost immediately.

View attachment 2172776View attachment 2172777

The Indian doesn't look too bad. But the store card is rough! It is Cobb & Fisher, Dealers of Crockery, Kalamazoo. It is R-5 scarcity. Maybe I'll electrocute it. Couldn't possibly make it much worse.

Spent another 2-3 hours wandering around trying to find any original dirt that might be left to play in. Tried digging nails in a number of areas. Not a lot to show for it though.

View attachment 2172778

Today's finds...

1863 Store Card, Cobb & Fisher, Dealers in Crockery, Kalamazoo
1883 Indian Head Penny
(2) Wheatback cents 1944, 1946-D
Smashed button front, Great Seal
Lead shot
Mean looking buckle (horse tack?)

PBS
PBS…Very nice
Congratulations
Thanks for posting