IH Blank or just smoothed

Whatacoin

Mar 5, 2011
Ocala,FL
Can't tell if this IH is a blank or just smoothed out. Need your guys opinion. I put it next to a Lincoln blank for comparison. Thanks.

ForumRunner_20130806_182735.png

ForumRunner_20130806_182755.png

Hmmmm interesting. It weird that one side isn't. Cool piece though! I'm definitely subscribing to this thread

Upvote 0
That is interesting. You could try to do an imprint with some olive oil and a piece of paper. Good luck and let us know.

Upvote 0
It's too hard to tell from your photos. You may have to remove them from their holders and take some close-ups.

Upvote 0
Can't tell if this IH is a blank or just smoothed out. Need your guys opinion. I put it next to a Lincoln blank for comparison. Thanks.

View attachment 840745

View attachment 840746

The easiest way to tell if it is an IH Cent with an unstruck Reverse, is to weigh the coin! If it weighs at or near 4.67 grams, then the Reverse was unstruck for one reason or another. It it weighs much less than 4.67 grams, then the Reverse was smoothed off, ground off or sanded off (whichever method was used).

Frank

Upvote 0
The easiest way to tell if it is an IH Cent with an unstruck Reverse, is to weigh the coin! If it weighs at or near 4.67 grams, then the Reverse was unstruck for one reason or another. It it weighs much less than 4.67 grams, then the Reverse was smoothed off, ground off or sanded off (whichever method was used).

Frank

I'll try this and get back to you all.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back