If you like bottlecaps........

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• beach8-27 001.jpg
    beach8-27 001.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 723
  • beach8-27 002.jpg
    beach8-27 002.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 721
  • beach8-27 003.jpg
    beach8-27 003.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 722
  • beach8-27 004.jpg
    beach8-27 004.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 728
  • beach8-27 005.jpg
    beach8-27 005.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 720
Upvote 0
Wow, you hit the mother lode! Where were you at, an old beer joint?

Cool..... take a bottle cap and hammer it on a flat stick.a cocanut grader!

i dig those to and when i find out what it is it gives me that feeling ,,, you know , your in a hurry to go somewhere and your car won't start kind of feeling lol , aside from the battlecaps the coin is nice ;)

piggman1 said:
Wow, you hit the mother lode! Where were you at, an old beer joint?
SWR said:
What'd ya do...clean up Ozona? ;)
bigcypresshunter said:
My guess is you were at the beach. 8)
LOL just a beach where alcohol and glass bottles are prohibited, go figure. ;)

LOL My local beach also prohibits alcohol. The caps are everywhere and they corrode in the salt environment. Old caps are worth money but they wont be in any condition to sell.

Party time!! That is a haul of trash.
Nice pile of treasures too.

When I was a young kid, I thought smashed bottle caps were quarters and tried one day to by some candy at the party store with them. The party store guy was so nice, he let me but a candy bar with them the first time. When I came in the second time with a big pile of smashed caps, the jib was up ;D

Best of luck to you out there!

Smiles!
BDoo

do you own a bottle cap company? ;D

Are you sure that none of those were twisted of yourself? The thought always goes through my mind when I hunt Columbia River parks & get finds like that. Espically since it has been around a hundred degrees for most of the summer here. Unfortunatly, I only drink Diet Coke.
Spotz

Boobydoo said:
Party time!! That is a haul of trash.
Nice pile of treasures too.

When I was a young kid, I thought smashed bottle caps were quarters and tried one day to by some candy at the party store with them. The party store guy was so nice, he let me but a candy bar with them the first time. When I came in the second time with a big pile of smashed caps, the jib was up ;D

Best of luck to you out there!

Smiles!
BDoo
Thanks Boobydoo, I could always use a little luck.
karib2517 said:
do you own a bottle cap company? ;D
No, but I'm thinking about starting one ;D
sfinder said:
I like that tank. You could start a bottlecap collection!
Yep, the tank was my top find for the day. I don't think I'm gonna start a cap collection. I normally dump them in the trash as I leave the beach. I figured I'd hang on to them for the photo and then dump them. This is the 1 and only time I plan on bringing them home.
spotz said:
Are you sure that none of those were twisted of yourself? The thought always goes through my mind when I hunt Columbia River parks & get finds like that. Espically since it has been around a hundred degrees for most of the summer here. Unfortunatly, I only drink Diet Coke.
Spotz
No, none of them were from me. My camelbak was full of gatorade. In this heat, you gotta stay hydrated, especially spending between 6-8 hours on the beach. For the record I've been drinking Killian's and Red Stripe lately, yum. :D

bigcypresshunter said:
No Iron City?
HAHAHAHAHAHA I haven't had Iron City in a long time. Ahhh, the good old days. ;)

I was born in Homestead, where my Dad worked for USSteel.

bigcypresshunter said:
I was born in Hazelwood and my Dad worked for Mesta Machine. Small world.

willie d said:
bigcypresshunter said:
I was born in Hazelwood and my Dad worked for Mesta Machine. Small world.
My grandfather worked for Mesta Machine. Is that spelled right?

Willie, what brand are the white caps. I gota find myself a battle tank, too, so I can have a battle of the caps....

HH Thanks for cleaning up the beach!

Desertfox

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back