🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Identifying a stove from parts?

robertk

Silver Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've dug several cast iron stove parts in my mystery house project and I'm wondering if there are enough that someone might recognize what kind of stove it was. I've got a timeframe (1870 to 1900), a partial manufacturer name (M & E O), a place (St Louis), and some ornate pieces that I'm hoping someone will recognize. I've tried several different ways of searching the internet but have come up empty. I am not sure these all came from the same stove, though they did all come from the same site. Some may not even be stove parts (the big round one I'm not sure). Some of the pieces have some red paint left on them, if that helps. The larger door I de-rusted with Evaporust, but the rest of the pieces need another bath in a new bucket. But I thought they were clean enough to see. Hopefully all will enlarge when clicked.

Does anyone recognize who made this stove, or what it originally looked like?

cleaned large door
door.jpeg

Partial manufacturer info, on another partial door
IMG_2167.jpeg

The only other piece with writing - a small flap type door
IMG_2165.jpeg

Another small door with what looks like an oak leaf
IMG_2169.jpeg

Two different leg styles. I have two legs with a crane, but only one with the "sunflower"
IMG_2168.jpeg IMG_2164.jpeg

A burner separator and partial cover (which perfectly fits the curve of the separator plate)
IMG_2170.jpeg IMG_2171.jpeg

And a heavy (2kg) round thing with a rim. Not sure if it's part of the stove or something that sat on it, but it fits the burner separator opening size.
IMG_2166.jpeg

Baffling so far for sure. There was a company in St Louis called Standard Foundry. They made cast iron store fronts. Possibly they made stoves as well. I can’t find much on them.
The I above Standard could be something like: Illinois Standard, etc.
Hopefully someone will come through with more information.🍀

Upvote 2
Great pieces of history you saved. I'm not sure on manufacturers. Great finds. Btw if that big door ever gets in your way or is taking up too much room. I would be willing to purchase the door from you. Thanks for sharing. Congrats.

Upvote 1
Great pieces of history you saved. I'm not sure on manufacturers. Great finds. Btw if that big door ever gets in your way or is taking up too much room. I would be willing to purchase the door from you. Thanks for sharing. Congrats.
Thanks! I'm going to hold onto it. I haven't decided yet what to use it for, but it's going to become a cabinet door or something one of these days. 8-)

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back