Identification App

IZMIZ

Greenie
Nov 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All
I have a bunch of old pennys, quarters, dimes and multiple demons of coins from random dates that might have errors or be valuable or be worthless.
My question is, doing research online is hunting when you have over 500 coins to go through and online research is hard, ebay, I have seen same coin go (SOLD listing) for 1000$ and same coin go for 1$ and for the heck of me I cannot figure out the difference between them.

so is there an app for that ?! thank you in advance.

tn_metal_detector.gif
Until a member pipes in - you might consider posting your request on COINS for additional exposure. Also, their are applications like CoinSnap - Coin Identifier (CoinSnap is a powerful mobile application that utilizes AI-driven image recognition technology to accurately identify any coin within seconds!) that may help, etc.
I searched
tn_02.gif
and found (application for identifying coins) and got a number of possible hits for ya.

First off... just because you see a coin for sale for $1000 does not mean it is worth that.
Trouble with the internet these days is the flounders that have screwed half of it up.

The first and foremost thing that dictates price on any coin is the factor of availability...
IF it is rarer or less common then a premium is attributed ...
Second and just as important... Condition...
In fact... the next 2 factors are just repeat of that...
Condition condition condition.

And here is the catch 22 on condition... especially when someone is selling it say on Ebay.
Condition is subjective unless it has been professionally graded by a recognized grading company.

IF and when it has been graded ... then it can be associated with a price that directly correlates with current market value /price for that particular coin.
There is also a base price for all coins... so if your coin looks very worn with scratches etc... this is the point of price one must start.

More or less...
Less wear... better price.
Harder to find... Better the price.
And then there are coins that have other attributes to them such as errors which can also bump up the price if harder to find.

Thats the basics in a nutshell... hope this helps... and some other members may pipe in on this to help along.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back