Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II

Attachments

• IMG_0313.JPG
    IMG_0313.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 314
Pocket knife liner on the top (the shape reminds me of a sodbuster) and the second looks to be off a fixed blade maybe a folder. And the brass thing I dont know looks like it was ripped off from something and all bent up to much to guess :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
It looks somewhat like a blood letting blade and cover, but sorta hard to tell from the photo. Can you clean them, and make a closer pic? Neat find, Breezie

Upvote 0
one looks like part of a folding pocket knife handle --the other might be part of a straight "fixed" blade handle or another larger folding knife

Upvote 0
trixie charger said:
NaturalJWL said:
Side plates to a pocket knife would be my guess. :icon_thumright:

:icon_thumright: Top looks like an old Barlow side plate

Ok I give up, whats a Barlow side plate? That one was found in the woods. a few other good sounding targets nearby but only dug shotgun shells.

Upvote 0
top one in photo --looks like a non folding or "fixed" bladed knife handle (front hole would be where the finger guard would be at ) -- the second one looks like a folding type pocket knife * barlow is a old brand of pocket knives :wink: -- looks to me like like you found a civil war era type area with the scale off a shoulder board set (shoulder boards were often dumped as it marked you as a "officer" thus a prime target for enemy sharpshooters ) --maybe a camp site --look more there needless to say .

calavry troops used sawed off shotguns during the civil war but the cases were long solid brass "reloadible" tubes or just blackpowder types loaded down the barrel * paper type shot shells were post civil war war invented

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back