MyOutdoors

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2020
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett A/T Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this in a field close to a historical marked 1800's school house. Closest I've come to identifying it is a token but was marked Hamilton, Ontario Ca vs this one marked east Walpole, Ma

20200419_163018.jpg
20200419_163541.jpg

Attachments

• 20200419_163526.jpg
    20200419_163526.jpg
    558.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Bird Machine Company was in Walpole Mass. Also the Neponset river goes bye Walpole.

Upvote 0
I don’t know what it is (perhaps just a fob for advertising purposes or employees) but it’s from what became the Bird Corporation. Their Company history is here:

History of Bird Corporation – FundingUniverse

Bird has a very long history but that particular Bird Neponset logo was first used in commerce on 19th February 1910 and then registered as a trademark on 31st May 1921.

At the time Bird Neponset produced construction materials such as Waterproof, Sound-Insulating, and Heat-Insulating Papers, Smooth and Slate Surfaced Roll-Roofings, Slate-Surfaced Shingles, Built-Up Roofs, Asphalt Shingles, Wall-Board, Roofing-Cement, and Asphaltic Roof-Binding Compounds. Shortly afterwards they extended their range to include waterproof floor coverings, carpets and rugs.

PS: Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you for the info, I've found alot of history on the company, just not any info on this piece I found.

The company was one of the 10 biggest companies back when George Washington was in his 2nd term. They invented the black felt roofing paper and they where some of the 1st companies to start recycling...red rope fibers from ships to make red roofing paper. They also started the 8hr work day vs the traditional 12 hr day in that time period. Fun facts but I'd love to see more on this pendant or tag

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back