il_ray_phillips

Tenderfoot
Feb 6, 2013
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 3300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this in a Southern Illinois farm field where I have been kicking brick walking in and out from my deer stand. Looked all over net and cant ID it. It is just under 40mm, brass or copper, has a distinct edge marking. It is smooth on the back. It was wore smooth or never had anything on the back. Bust matches 1792 George but rest is not right. Not sure if it was a coin or token. Disregard the center punch from my shovel %^&*$%#$!!! Only 4th target I dug with my new machine! Any ideas?
Thanks
Ray 066.jpg063.jpg064.jpg

If I were to take a guess: Fernando VII (1808-1821) Spanish coin minted in Mexico City. The vertical line in the bottom pics suggest to me the edge of one of the two pillars that would appear on the reverse side.
Don...

Upvote 0
If I were to take a guess: Fernando VII (1808-1821) Spanish coin minted in Mexico City. The vertical line in the bottom pics suggest to me the edge of one of the two pillars that would appear on the reverse side.
Don...

Boy it sure does line up well with that coin! Will silver tarnish? I would have never guessed it to be silver but Where I poked it with my shovel is shiny!

Upvote 0
I am satified that this is a very worn 8 reale from the period stated above! Thanks for the Id help all!!!! Now the REALE mystery! How did this end up in a field in Southern Illinois!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back