ID eagle pin?

wakehunternc

Tenderfoot
Aug 8, 2008
I actually found this pin almost 10 years ago, but just re-found it today in one of my "random stuff" boxes. I remember coming across it while walking along the small creek in my backyard, and thought it was neat enough to keep.
The pin is a little over 2 inches tall and has two Ballou Reg'd pin backs on the wings. I'm not really sure what the bottom half is supposed to be, but it looks like roman numerals "IV V" to me.
I've tried searching the internet and ebay for info or similar pins but no luck. Maybe someone here knows something about it.
Bigger picture here

Attachments

• harley davidson eagle.jpg
    harley davidson eagle.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 1,224
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Correct, HD lookalike. Don't think it's a real HD pin or it would have the logo some where.

The "Roman Numerals" are the cylinder heads of the motor cycle engine (ie. shovel head)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Harley-Davidson-3-Pins-Pewter-Skull-Pin_W0QQitemZ270291400158QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270291400158&_trkparms=72%3A1205|39%3A2|66%3A1|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Upvote 0
Thanks everyone for your input! I agree it looks alot like some of the Harley Davidson pins, but doubt it was actually made by or for them since their logo or name isn't there. Nothing on the back side... So do you guys think this is actually a homemade replica or just a knockoff brand?

Upvote 0
Just a knock-off brand name pin. The "V" on each cylinder of the engine is the valve-lifter push-rod tubes.

Upvote 0
GpSnoopy said:
Looks like it's just a generic Eagle on V-twin pin.

I found it for sale at this site.

http://www.lowriders.uk.com/eagle-on-v-twin-1115-p.asp
WTG Snoopy! This one is SOLVED.

If you feel that this is solved, wakehunternc, you may

go back to your first post and
click on Modify

go to Message icon and
click on down arrow

scroll down and
click on Solved.

and the green arrow will appear. solved check.gif

Attachments