TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took drive down to the coast without my wife, (she hates Metal Detecting) and spent 2 days on the beach hunting at night
by the light of an almost full moon...
here is what I got, the beaches BTW were Hilton Head, and Myrtle Beach or beaches in between there of...
Nope I'm not worried because I didn't find much considering the hours I walked, saw several others walking and they didn't find much either.. but so goes the adventure..

Low tide was at 3:40AM if your wondering...

Small gold ring was from Garden City beach, (looks like a thread).. Small gold earring was from Surfside Beach, Stainless steel ring was from Hilton Head, and the other ring I think is Iron and from Surfside,
Coins were not so plentiful as you can see.. BIG hoop earring is junk and I trashed most of everything else...

Also Gas was $2.71 cheapest Right off the beach... as if they pipe it in directly !! ha ha ha
Are you jealous ?

Attachments

• IMG_9270.JPEG
    IMG_9270.JPEG
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
  • AC669077-20A1-4734-88C8-830B725DB76A.JPEG
    AC669077-20A1-4734-88C8-830B725DB76A.JPEG
    661.3 KB · Views: 34
  • A79F944B-FDDD-480B-B18E-DDB2AEEA42B6.JPEG
    A79F944B-FDDD-480B-B18E-DDB2AEEA42B6.JPEG
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_9271.JPEG
    IMG_9271.JPEG
    1.3 MB · Views: 45
  • D0B386BF-1E63-4D26-AE5B-3C5D365CE618.JPEG
    D0B386BF-1E63-4D26-AE5B-3C5D365CE618.JPEG
    658.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_9265.JPEG
    IMG_9265.JPEG
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_9274.JPEG
    IMG_9274.JPEG
    1,004.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_9275.JPEG
    IMG_9275.JPEG
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_9276.JPEG
    IMG_9276.JPEG
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_9277.JPEG
    IMG_9277.JPEG
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_9278.JPEG
    IMG_9278.JPEG
    931.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_9279.JPEG
    IMG_9279.JPEG
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_9280.JPEG
    IMG_9280.JPEG
    682.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Took drive down to the coast without my wife, (she hates Metal Detecting) and spent 2 days on the beach hunting at night
here is what I got, the beaches BTW were Hilton Head, and Myrtle Beach or beaches in between there of...
Nope I'm not worried because I didn't find much considering the hours I walked, saw several others walking and they didn't find much either.. but so goes the adventure..

Small gold ring was from Garden City beach, (looks like a thread).. Small gold earring was from Surfside Beach, Stainless steel ring was from Hilton Head, and the other ring I thing is Iron and from Surfside,
Coins were not so plentiful as you can see.. BIG hoop earring is junk and I trashed most of everything else...

Also Gas was $2.71 cheapest Right off the beach... as if they pipe it in directly !! ha ha ha
Are you jealous ?
Also I don't know why, maybe someone can clue me in on what the Gold thread ring might be from because its strange to think its a wedding band...
It tests to 18k, while the earring tests to 14k

Dude comes back with a jewelry store and a tank full of half-price gas, complains didn't find much, and asks if we're jealous.... 🙄

I should be so unlucky.... 😝

Dude comes back with a jewelry store and a tank full of half-price gas, complains didn't find much, and asks if we're jealous.... 🙄

I should be so unlucky.... 😝
You know, what you see in the pictures is about 20 hours of detecting sooo I don't consider it much actually ha ha ha
AND... just to be clear ... I wasn't referring to the Metal Detecting finds when I said Jealous, I was referring to the price of Gas, as its even higher than that where I live... and I'm 4 hours away from that beach..
🤣 🤣🤣

You know, what you see in the pictures is about 20 hours of detecting sooo I don't consider it much actually ha ha ha
My last 20 hours consists of one .38 musket ball and a pile of rusty nails. 😞

My last 20 hours consists of one .38 musket ball and a pile of rusty nails. 😞
You spent 20 hours walking with a metal detector and only found one good target ?
You need to find a new place to hunt...
May I suggest the beach ? 😳 🤣

You spent 20 hours walking with a metal detector and only found one good target ?
You need to find a new place to hunt...
May I suggest the beach ? 😳 🤣
The rusty nails were plenty good targets--clear as bells.

No, I invested a lot fair amount of time into the "Tekkna program," which IMO didn't live up to its hype.

Nope. Every detectorist in this county lives closer to the beach than I do, and I just don't find the potential as interesting. I'd rather hunt old farms & farmhouses.

what is that ?
Seriously? 🤨 😲

Small gold ring was from Garden City beach, (looks like a thread).. Small gold earring was from Surfside Beach, Stainless steel ring was from Hilton Head, and the other ring I think is Iron and from Surfside,

Are you jealous ?
That's a great day in my book. I've found less than $5.00 in clad, no treasure at all, after 20 hrs. worth of effort in the last week and a half. Hunting in the water low tides, high tides on the towel lines and multiple beaches. Gas is $4.20 for regular here in SoCal. I'm envious......

Are you jealous ?
SCORE & Gas 2.71 gal. I hope you went and played the Lotto

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back