I thought I hit Paydirt :(

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hey all,
Got out yesterday for about an hour. Went to a spot we've been to several times, and have hit pretty hard.
Found a few memorials, a dime, and then this (NOT REAL) but very nice & shinny gold plated ring. It's supposed to have 31 stones, but 4 of them are missing... There are no marking on it, but I'm pretty sure it's gold plate. It was dug from about 6' down and came out of the hole look'n good... Got my blood a pump'n pretty good when I first laid eyes on it... :o

Attachments

• ChunkNot.JPG
    ChunkNot.JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 484
Upvote 0
Still cool find Leon. Shiny gold in the hole weould get anbody's heart pumping...someone would probably have to get mine going again!!

Dave

Leon, I can see that would realy open the eyes up when found.Very nice ring real or not.May your next be solid.HH

Good find anyway it's still gold! ?The smelters still buy that stuff, just throw it in with old jewelry and such, and when you get enough sell it.

Wow, I can believe it would get the pulse to pounding. A shame it isnt solid. HH

Man Leon, nice ring! I still haven't found one with that kind "weight". I must be choosing to walk by that signal for whatever reason. All my rings seem to fall in at 70-80 on the VDI. Except for the small gold ones that came in near a low nickel 16-20! Someday I'll figure it out and start piling up the heavy gold!!! ;D Keep diggin what your're diggin'~CO2

Shoot, I'd probably fall over if I saw somthing like that! I almost flipped out after seeing a glint of gold in a 6" hole, turned out it was foil! Gold difinitely gets the blood flowin...

Dudes

awsome find! for it to be that deep and not flakey i would have it tested! wtg! H/H

Great find Leon. Wonder if those diamonds are still in that hole? The ring itself looks to have some age on it. Always nice to get the blood a pumping!

NC Barefoot2

You may want to have the ring "tested"

if it is an old and or especially older foreign piece, it may not have any markings but could possibly be gold.

I once found a 7 inch bracelet (victorian era) that was almost pure gold (19.6 grams 22kt) that was not marked. I took it to a jeweler that confirmed it's weight, gold content, etc.

He said it was not unusual for old pieces, and some foreign pieces to not be stamped/marked.

I sold it for $350

If the ring looks solid gold (no base metal showing where the wearing of gold plate is rubbing off)? and is heavy, I'd have it checked!

Either way-- nice find!

HH
Lonewolfe

My gosh man how long did it take you to dig down six feet to get that ring? :o Just kidding, know you meant six inches! Good find!

Thanks all,,,
As it turns out, my brother has a ring exactly ring like it , only a few sizes bigger...
He knows nothing about it, as he found it himself several years ago, and there are no markings on his either...
I definitely need t get a diamond checker.
I wouldn't think they would put real diamonds into a plated piece, but ya never know..

Didn't even notice the foot(') mark instread of inches("),,, I give myself away didn't I? <( AKA Grave Robber ) ;D
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Re: I thought I hit Paydirt :(, Pic of flaking added...

cbbrink said:
Real or not Great find. Are you sure it's plated?

Chuck

Although I wish it wasn't, it is plated...
There are only two spot on it where you can tell it...
If you notice in the pic below, there is one small chip, about the size of a pin head, and a spot where the gold has worn off...
I put the ring into some better light, and the base metal is a lighter color than the gold...
Thaks again all,,, Good luck & Happy Hutning...

Attachments

• ChunkNot2.JPG
    ChunkNot2.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 186

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back