I think I got lucky, today, but not sure. I need help!!

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
EQ 900
Anfibio Multi
Impulse AQ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Hit a soccer field, today/Friday. Set my 900 on Park 2 in hopes of finding some jewelry. I've dug plenty of clad out of the field, but never any jewelry. I knew, though, that there had to be some. I could smell it! I was swinging along and received a nice, smooth (if I remember correctly) 10 signal from the Nox that made me stop, turn around, and investigate it a little further. Started digging, and was greeted by a beautiful, gold color chain with crucifix.

IMG_0124_resize.jpg

Soccer field_resize.png

IMG_0127 (1)_resize.jpg

I was shocked. It's been thirty years since I've found any gold. Here I am calling it gold when I'm really not sure what it's made of. It just feels, and looks so gold-like that it just has to be. The only markings are what appears to be a "7Z8" located on either side of the clasp.
IMG_0123_resize.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

So, what do you all think? Did I find the real deal? If so, this is the largest gold find that I have ever made. For me to say that I'm stoked, would be an understatement.

Thanks for looking, and for any help with an ID.

PS - Sorry for the huge pics., and I like to think that I didn't damage damage the crucifix while digging it up, but not sure. Maybe a lawn mower? Yeah, that's it, a lawnmower did it. :laughing7:

Bottlebum

Last edited:
Upvote 10
BZL.. is what it says... which is makers mark.
Need more pictures of other sides of clasp areas both of the chain and pendent.
as of now... it is not made from any precious metals.
Post some pics of reverse of these to confirm... unless there are no markings then dont bother and chalk it up as costume.

I Hit a soccer field, today/Friday. Set my 900 on Park 2 in hopes of finding some jewelry. I've dug plenty of clad out of the field, but never any jewelry. I knew, though, that there had to be some. I could smell it! I was swinging along and received a nice, smooth (if I remember correctly) 10 signal from the Nox that made me stop, turn around, and investigate it a little further. Started digging, and was greeted by a beautiful, gold color chain with crucifix.

View attachment 2114460
View attachment 2114461
View attachment 2114465
I was shocked. It's been thirty years since I've found any gold. Here I am calling it gold when I'm really not sure what it's made of. It just feels, and looks so gold-like that it just has to be. The only markings are what appears to be a "7Z8" located on either side of the clasp.
View attachment 2114462
View attachment 2114463
View attachment 2114464
So, what do you all think? Did I find the real deal? If so, this is the largest gold find that I have ever made. For me to say that I'm stoked, would be an understatement.

PS - Sorry for the huge pics., and I like to think that I didn't damage damage the crucifix while digging it up, but not sure. Maybe a lawn mower? Yeah, that's it, a lawnmower did it. :laughing7:

Bottlebum
Also on the break on the cross you should be able to tell. If it's plated you'll see base metal there. So if no gold color there it's just plated. Since you've got the break there may as well look

Either way, that had to of been a real thrill to dig up. Congrats.

No other hallmarks that I can find, and yeah, the suggested "BZL and it being a maker's mark" makes a lot more sense.

I was able to locate my magnet this morning, and determined that the clasp is attracted to it. The chain and cross are not. When viewing through a loupe, I do see what may be a base metal at the breaks in the cross. So, for now, I'm chalking it all up to being just junk. A nice looking junker, but a junker none the less.

I think I need to buy a test kit so that the next time I find a shocker, I won't have to endure the shock for so long. I have to admit, though, that it was kind of fun while it lasted.

I appreciate all of the replies, everyone.

View attachment 2114460
View attachment 2114461
View attachment 2114465
View attachment 2114462
View attachment 2114463
View attachment 2114464

Bottlebum
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back