I think I found a Civil War button! Help with I.D. PLEASE!!

Fr3nchy27

Mar 21, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 12-25
Good evening fellow treasure hunters. I found this button yesterday at an old school house from the 1800's. It was in a little patch of woods right behind the school. It is in really good shape. I think it is a Civil War button, or maybe WWI. I am not schooled in these type of relics. I know a lot of people on here have a lot of knowledge and thought I could pick your brain's. The button is a two piece and it has a maker's mark on back, but I can't read it yet. I do not dare clean it yet because I do not know how. I have looked at various types of Civil War buttons on the internet and many are similar, but do not match exactly. PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Attachments

• DSCN3725[1].jpg
    DSCN3725[1].jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 437
  • DSCN3726[2].jpg
    DSCN3726[2].jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 430
Upvote 0
My guess is WW1 or WW2. General service button 1902 till present. Very nice find. I have many and love finding them. Looks great in a display.

Good Luck
Randy

PS...Take a look at Buckle Boys post in the cleaning and preservation forum (cleaning buttons) for cleaning tips. They usually clean up pretty good with a toothpick.

Click the link.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,165857.0.html

I have to agree with RPG. I find a lot of these buttons over here. Not always in good condition, but this is one I cleaned earlier. 8)

Attachments

• Web USA2.jpg
    Web USA2.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 388
sorry this is the face

Attachments

• Web USA1.jpg
    Web USA1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 391
WW2 to Vietnam era

Thanks for the help everyone! It is greatly apprieciated. You guys are great.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back