I picked this farm piece up as yard art and am having trouble on ID

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHAT IS IT lol im guessing a 3 row plow for seeding but it has no seeders
i found some john deer paint on it GREEN also found some faint yellow paint on the wheels has ni pat number but does have some very faint yellow writing on the back i have tried to read it but its too far gone
i would realy like to know what and when it was made and by who, its my only farm stuff i have not been able to find or date.

Attachments

• 945096_611905322160719_1179888638_n.jpg
    945096_611905322160719_1179888638_n.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 105
by the way HELLOOO GUYS AND GALS I know its been a while ;) you may remember me from the coin games ;)
and who am I stuff lol

Upvote 0
Wow lol 41 views and no one knows, you guys used to be the ID pros ;)

Upvote 0
Its not a planter of sort It used to have seats where 2 people sat and was pulled by one guy on a horse. They sat and planted stuff like tomatoes and the guy on the horse would move up and so on. DSC00533.jpg This is a newer model

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am pretty sure that is what the old timers referred to as either a duck foot plow or a chisel plow .. I don't remember which. At any rate they were horse drawn.

Upvote 0
I am going with a three row cultivator,noo , it should have higher wheels, how about a three row planter and the grain box and attachment to fill the furrows is missing ,, ......I truley have not seen this before , and after the steel prices went about 5 years ago we cut down trees to take this stuff to the scrap yard,and there was a lot of old stuff on the edges of the field

Upvote 0
It looks like a three row cultivator. I don't think it's all there. We don't know if it was pulled by a horse of tractor. If by horse or team, there is no place for the driver to sit, and the handle for adjusting the depth or lifting clear for transport, is on one side, where one would think the farmer would sit close to if he was driving a team. cultivator.jpg Or, it could be a walk behind like this one. cultivator1.jpg

Upvote 0
Weren't the tines in a cultivator staggered or off-set from one another? This piece has one..two.. three in a row!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back