What is it 1.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 965
  • What is it 2.jpg
    What is it 2.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 961
  • What is it 3.jpg
    What is it 3.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 957
bottom pick looks like match safe/box....middle looks like a trunk part...top pic....hardware to some thing....not sure...lamp maybe???

Upvote 0
The second one looks like it has screws in it. The holes look counter sunk to accept wood screws. Not sure if that helps at all.....

Upvote 0
I think you're correct about pics two and three. Piece of a brass hinge and a match safe.

Upvote 0
VA Digger said:
Found these around some CW sites in Richmond VA. The first picture I have no clue, the second looks almost like some kind of hinge and the third one I believe is a match holder and top. Can anyone help me out on these?
Does it look the same on both sides? Also, is the top part that is broken, Solid or Hollow?

Attachments

• idk.jpg
    idk.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 852
Upvote 0
The First Item Looks Like The Top Part To A Pair Of Fire Place Tongs, I Think Michelle Is Right About The Last Item Being A Match Safe. trk5capt...

Attachments

• ddd8_1.jpg
    ddd8_1.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 760
  • e9e0_1.jpg
    e9e0_1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 742
Upvote 0
rtde3 said:
I also think the one thing is a razor blade holder. Here is a picture of one I found. As you can see it still had some rusted blades in it. The top said "Gillette" on it.
If so and they were found close by one another perhaps the top pic is a handle to a shaving mirror???

Upvote 0
Hi I am new to posting but giving it a try. I think the idea of pic. one being a top of a lamp is a good one. Something else you may think about is a gas, or water key. The end that is broken would of had a square hole that was used to turn off and on the water outside a home before the handles were used. I live in a 100 + year old farm house that still has the gas lights in it. They are no longer being used but they also used a small decorative key to turn them on and off. Just something else to think about.

Upvote 0
While chasing something else I ran into this illustration.

Hope it helps.

Tony

Attachments

• rsa91.gif
    rsa91.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 448
Upvote 0
Did you find them together? If so, the top pic might be the upper part of a candleabra. Monty

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back