I may have found a new honey of a spot!

navychief1968

Jan 7, 2005
Water Valley, MS
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
All,

I have been searching an area the last couple of weeks that was real popular with service members in the 40's and 50's. Until today, nothing but clads. With about thirty minutes of sunlight left today, I tried a new spot a little further down the road and bam! wheaties! After finding four wheaties in a matter of minutes, I pulled up a 1954D Roosevelt dime. No more time to search after that find. It got too dark. I really think this place may produce a good amount of silver.

By the way, I found a 1927 Standing Liberty Quarter the other day within a block of my house. It just proves, good finds are everywhere, if you know how to read the "signs".

Chris Reynolds
Chief Petty Officer, USN

Upvote 0
Sounds like you've hit a sweet spot.
Wish ya the best of luck...

P.S> I a gree, it doesn't matter what the ground looks like today, you have to figure on what it used to look like...I'll hunt anywhere they'll let me. ;D

I am currently stationed on a mine sweeper homeported in Ingleside, TX which is about 15 miles north of Corpus Christi. Next month I'll be transferring to a mine sweeper homeported out of Manama, Bahrain. That tour should last about seven months, then I should come back to Texas but who knows?

By the way, I was not able to get out to my new "honey" spot today. Hopefully, I can tomorrow.

Chris Reynolds
Chief Petty Officer, USN

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back