I MAY HAVE FOUND A METEORITE

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
??? Well the other day when I posted a link about the finds from a place in the mountains "High Desert Ridgecrest". I also found a piece of "what is it". I kept it with wishful thinking that maybe it was a silver nugget or even a meteorite. Well I went home for lunch and took a magnet off the refer, to check if it would stick and it did. Well when i get home I will post a few pics of it so you can see the size and all. It is small maybe the size of a nickel, but it did stick to the magnet. I will take a few pics of it to post on here for your comments. The outside or crust does slightly resemble silver in some places and there is also a dark red like rust also. I will have to see. If this is a true meteorite I know where I will be heading. If there is one there has to be more. Wish me luck.

After reading all of these guys out here seeing there finds and got me to think about the one rock I kept.

The magnet test is a good start. Now get it tested for nickle. If positive, then you can start wringing your hands.

TimC

Upvote 0
I found one with my detector back in 1987 it was so cool and you could see the flame streaks burned into it.
I found a V nickle in the yard at the same day.

Upvote 0
THE PICS Re: I MAY HAVE FOUND A METEORITE

Ok I over exagerated about the size. maybe a dime. Pictures are in and one with a magnet. It is sitting on the side of the magnet. I will try to post better ones again.

Upvote 0
Tim, Thanks. Oh well I just was wishing. I still will go back there on the off chance to find more coinage though. Kevin

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back