Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lunch break hunts in my bosses yard are short and entertaining. Here we have an aluminum token with a 6 point star in the middle. Around the edge it says “GOOD FOR ONE SCREW” followed by more text I can’t make out. The pic is of that enreadable portion. It’s the only pic I have at the moment. What was this for? A hardware store? Please say a brothel. LOL E87DC391-FF3E-4038-A411-299C23A3FCF2.jpeg

A Spencer’s gift from the 50s or 60s lol

Upvote 0
Your find reminds me of this:
[h=2]ARCADE-STAMPED GOOD LUCK COINS[/h][FONT=&quot]Custom-stamped aluminum lucky tokens are sold from machines at amusement parks. Depositing a coin into the machine causes an aluminum blank to drop down into a holding slot where it is visible. The purchaser selects words to custom-stamp around the flat outer ring by "typing" the letters to be imprinted one at a time and pulling down on levers on the machine. Each letter selection creates a loud "thump" as a die comes down and stamps the letter, and the coin is then rotated so that the next letter can be stamped. The letters are raised, all caps, against a cross-hatched background. The cross-hatched background is also used for skip-spaces. No punctuation marks are allowed, only the 26 letters of the alphabet and the cross-hatched blank space. There are 32 spaces that can be filled with letters. Because they are pierced, these tokens only vaguely resemble actual coinage. There are several forms of blanks made, and of course the stamping on them is as individual as the people who buy them.

I remember those machines in the 50s and 60s; perhaps they still exist in amusement areas.
Don...[/FONT]

Upvote 0
There was a token machine in the Pavilion at Myrtle Beach.
Your find reminds me of this:
ARCADE-STAMPED GOOD LUCK COINS

Custom-stamped aluminum lucky tokens are sold from machines at amusement parks. Depositing a coin into the machine causes an aluminum blank to drop down into a holding slot where it is visible. The purchaser selects words to custom-stamp around the flat outer ring by "typing" the letters to be imprinted one at a time and pulling down on levers on the machine. Each letter selection creates a loud "thump" as a die comes down and stamps the letter, and the coin is then rotated so that the next letter can be stamped. The letters are raised, all caps, against a cross-hatched background. The cross-hatched background is also used for skip-spaces. No punctuation marks are allowed, only the 26 letters of the alphabet and the cross-hatched blank space. There are 32 spaces that can be filled with letters. Because they are pierced, these tokens only vaguely resemble actual coinage. There are several forms of blanks made, and of course the stamping on them is as individual as the people who buy them.

I remember those machines in the 50s and 60s; perhaps they still exist in amusement areas.
Don...

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back