I love his/her little fossil teeth!

LauraLou56

Sep 11, 2024

Attachments

• IMG_20240727_073108_970.jpg
    IMG_20240727_073108_970.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 24
In NY, it found me actually! I was wading in the water and it was a super still day and it looked right up at me.

Good eye.
How big is it?

Ah, good question- I wasn't very detailed 😁 I'd say it's about the size of a tennis ball squished oval.
You need one of those measuring devices.
Sewing tape measure works.

The same day, I found this little crab friend mid-eating a squid when whatever disaster struck and sealed them in stone! Which proves there's always time for a good snack!

Attachments

• IMG_20240713_191359.jpg
    IMG_20240713_191359.jpg
    878.7 KB · Views: 10
You need one of those measuring devices.
Sewing tape measure works.
Hm, I do believe I have some calipers round here somewhere...I'll have to take some measurement photos soon. Thanks pepperj- good idea with sewing tape.

Hm, I do believe I have some calipers round here somewhere...I'll have to take some measurement photos soon. Thanks pepperj- good idea with sewing tape.
The reason I asked about the hand size I've seen some catcher mitt paws on farm gals, and tiny paws on others.
More information about a cool recovery helps with a possible ID.

Makes sense, grew up a farm girl and wish I had catcher mitt paws! 😂 He sure is a mysterious little specimen, I combed the Devonian books and couldn't find any like em' I'm fairly novice yet- only been fossil hunting for about three years now

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back