I know she's in here...large seated

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter, Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites MXT, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seated Quarter Obverse 071823.jpgSeated Quarter Reverse 071823.jpg

First it was the shield nickel...

Shield Nickel Reverse 071823.jpgShield Nickel Obverse 071823.jpg

Then it was the IHP fatty...

Fatty IHP Obverse 071823.jpgFatty IHP Reverse 071823.jpg

Then it was the two cent piece...

Two cent reverse 071823.jpgTwo cent obverse 071823.jpg

By then you know I'm thinking there has to be some seated in here. Sure enough! Before the sun set I got the quarter. All the coins have some corrosion/tarnish issues from being in the ground so long, but you gotta love the detail on these coins. They would have been beautiful at the time they were lost.

Love me some seated!

Finds 071823.jpg

Today's finds...

1853 Seated Liberty Quarter with arrows
1868 Shield Nickel
1865 Two Cent Piece
1861 Fatty Indian Head Penny
(2) Wheat Pennies 1939, 1944

PBS

Upvote 34
Very nice!! In spite of the tarnish and corrosion they look to be in excellent condition. It could be a difficult decision to possibly clean them?? I've never tried to clean older coins, so I have no experience in that area. Though they are great just the way they are!

What an amazing mix of coins, all in great shape, regardless of any corrision- you had a tremendous day- Congrats!

View attachment 2094453View attachment 2094454

First it was the shield nickel...

View attachment 2094455View attachment 2094456

Then it was the IHP fatty...

View attachment 2094458View attachment 2094459

Then it was the two cent piece...

View attachment 2094460View attachment 2094461

By then you know I'm thinking there has to be some seated in here. Sure enough! Before the sun set I got the quarter. All the coins have some corrosion/tarnish issues from being in the ground so long, but you gotta love the detail on these coins. They would have been beautiful at the time they were lost.

Love me some seated!

View attachment 2094462

Today's finds...

1853 Seated Liberty Quarter with arrows
1868 Shield Nickel
1865 Two Cent Piece
1861 Fatty Indian Head Penny
(2) Wheat Pennies 1939, 1944

PBS
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Looks like you had a crazy good day of detecting! All of those coins are in great shape given their age!
Big congrats!

Congrats on the coin recoveries.
Must say that Seated is probably as good as one can ever expect for condition coming out of the ground,

VERY NICE !!!

That's a great day of digging

All really nice but the condition of the quarter and 2 cent stand out to me. What fun it must have been finding them!

Very nice!! In spite of the tarnish and corrosion they look to be in excellent condition. It could be a difficult decision to possibly clean them?? I've never tried to clean older coins, so I have no experience in that area. Though they are great just the way they are!
Agree, always a difficult decision as whether or not to clean. When it comes to silver, if a coin is well worn I prefer to leave it. If a silver coin has good detail, and has a layer of oxidation on it, like this one did, I lean toward cleaning it as long as it is not a high value coin. I know that will make some of the coin collectors soil themselves, they will say that you ruin the value of the coin, but as far as I'm concerned the oxidation also ruins the value of the coin. I am into the hobby for the history and like to make pieces displayable so others can enjoy them and see them as they were. I don't sell the pieces to collectors or dealers. Check out the results on this one. I was tempted to leave the tarnish on the back because it made the rays stand out, but I like how it turned out.

SLQ Obverse After 071823.jpgSLQ Reverse After 071823.jpg

PBS

Agree, always a difficult decision as whether or not to clean. When it comes to silver, if a coin is well worn I prefer to leave it. If a silver coin has good detail, and has a layer of oxidation on it, like this one did, I lean toward cleaning it as long as it is not a high value coin. I know that will make some of the coin collectors soil themselves, they will say that you ruin the value of the coin, but as far as I'm concerned the oxidation also ruins the value of the coin. I am into the hobby for the history and like to make pieces displayable so others can enjoy them and see them as they were. I don't sell the pieces to collectors or dealers. Check out the results on this one. I was tempted to leave the tarnish on the back because it made the rays stand out, but I like how it turned out.

View attachment 2094597View attachment 2094598

PBS
Nicely done!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back