Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x

Attachments

• 100_0625.JPG
    100_0625.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 504
Re: I know Ive seen this b-4

Looks like a Viking diaper pin!

Seriously,I think I have seen something like that before,but don't know where.

Upvote 0

Really? because agien it was found at a old homestead sight near here in central texas

Attachments

• 1019081046[1].jpg
    1019081046[1].jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 493
Upvote 0

Unfortunatly the grass is still to thick to hunt it good, but winters comeing on.

Upvote 0

I agree, civil war knapsack hook. Maybe a texan who survived the war and brought it home or a postwar loss? Either way it's a pretty cool cw item, congratulations!

Upvote 0

About 50000 troops got off the train in calvert, the road going west cut right through this farm, as you can see thats one giant cistern. The owner is pretty intrested as am I. His family has owned the place since 1802 (thats dang old for my area) and Has civil war history.
I found a civil war button further up the old road a yr ago. Its all sand, I dug a 10 Quage shell about 14 inches, so I ought to be able to go deep here.
We just need a good hard freeze ot 2.
Thanks for all ya'lls help Id'ing this Item, it was a great help.

Upvote 0

Nice TC.....My kinda Stuff!!! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Man that is a big cistern. Could it be that there was once two or more homes or a stage stop nearby? I'd look for some really old maps to find out just what exactly was there. Monty

Upvote 0

Me and thrillatahunt spread out, There were signals everywhere but the grass was to thick yet. definetly a big plantation, way bigger than the 2 cisterns we went to when yall were here, now just pasture. We dug lots of old Iorn, Only coins were early 1900's wheats. thrillatahunt got those.
Typical suspects were pocket watch parts, harmonica reeds, Buggy rien guides, suspender straps, the usall.

Upvote 0

That cross roads to the southeast of Calvert looks to have been an old established road from the east enroute to Austin. I'd say there is alot of stuff from post CW soldiers and some back into the ROT days along that route.

Of course that is said having done no research.

w

Upvote 0

If you feel that this is solved, you may

go back to your first post and
click on Modify

go to Message icon and
click on down arrow

scroll down and
click on Solved.

and the green arrow will appear. solved check.gif

Attachments