I know its a key but--its a very odd one- for what purpose or use ? * with 2 photos

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
(solved) a key but--its a very odd one- for what purpose or use ? * with 2 photos

here she is brass / or bronze (not sure which) its marked on one side - INDUSTRIA ARGENTINA (with the industria over the argentina and the number) 30 ----on the other side in an oval it says ELEBE to the righ tis the letter --R (and under it the number) -11

ITS A DUAL SIDED KEY - IT A STRANGE ONE --LOOKS TO ME LIKE MIGHT FIT IN A CIRCULAR WALL LOCK OR SAFETY DEPOST BOX MAYBE OR SOME ODD TYPE OF LARGE POWERFUL PAD LOCK MAYBE

any lock and key experts out there?

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 287
  • scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
Upvote 0
looks like taz42o nailed it *--photo from buenos aries ,argentina shows the double sided key outline -and explains whats its for -- so its a safety deposit box key from argentina * now to wonder what was in the safety deposit box - that this key fit? marking it solved.

Upvote 0
I agree with DCMatt, I used to be a night watchman yearsssssss and years ago, Carried a clock that had key's that looked like that.........HH

Upvote 0
Mercadolibre is Free store (free merchant) a chain of "malls" I think in latin America. I am a student of Spanish to help with researching SW USA possible old treasure sites. (and just for personal improvement). This is good practice for me as I am ALMOST fluent in spanish and like such tasks. TTC

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back