JimmeyC

Oct 15, 2012
N. Tonawanda, Amherst, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug, Garrett Ultra GTA 1000, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know it's a buffalo nickel BUT?

Ok, I know this is a buffalo nickel but I was going through some coins looking for mint marks and noticed this seems off! Although there was no mint, the back seems to have an impression around the near outside. Running through the "United States of America", the tail and leg, and the "five cents". It can even be seen in the blank spaces. I did the best I could with the pics. It is a 1935. Can any coin guys out there tell me? Is it a common miss-stamp from the mint? Is it worth anything? Thank you for taking a look.
IMG_20121026_174041 copy.jpgIMG_20121026_173321 copy.jpgIMG_20121026_173416 copy.jpgIMG_20121026_173831 copy.jpg

Thank you NC. I did not think so but still learning. Funny thing is, last night I remembered an old trick. If you put a nickel in bike grips before sliding them on the handlebars it kept the end of the bars from cutting through the grip. Dropping your bicycle repeated times would do this! Its possible this nickel spent a good part of its life in a bike grip....

Upvote 0
:icon_scratch:I think I would take this to a coin shop and have a look...just saying!

Upvote 0
Ditto on the coin shop.......looks like error from mint to me. Worth just having it checked.:icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back