I knew it was going to happen

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Well our HVAC unit bit the dust. After ONLY 42 years of service. Heating was working well, we dont use it much anymore since we burn firewood. But the AC unit gave up the ghost.

I am pondering writing a complaint letter to the manufacture. It's a planned obsolescent conspiracy, they are playing the profit game.

Temps coming up will be warm, so best get used to it while we get on the schedule to get a new unit.

1720555637797.png

what part has failed , not working can be as cheap as a few bucks for a capacitor or a few thousand for bad compressor = a new unit.

Don’t think of it as if your HVAC compressor died, think of it as another HVAC tech getting his wings… did you hear the bell, ca ching !

My boiler recently died after 35 yrs. a small part that controlled the exhaust failed, and we could not find one.
$5,800 later, i have a new unit.

My boiler recently died after 35 yrs. a small part that controlled the exhaust failed, and we could not find one.
$5,800 later, i have a new unit.
I’ve got two 5 ton units one upstairs and one down 6 years old on a 5 year warranty, they came with the house. I replaced the upstairs system in the beginning of this year at a little more than $11k the downstairs unit has a leak someplace they haven’t found yet, the estimate for new lines is $5k, I’m giving one more shot at stop leak and dye but just that alone is $800 in Nevada and it’s still a unit known for failure at the condenser, so if that don’t work another $11k.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back