I Have No Idea What,Do you---NEW PICS ADDED

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
I found these thing where we have been finding some CW Relics.Any info will help.
The first thing still has a little rivet in one of the holes(three holes),some sort of hook on the back,nothing else on it,the two little squares is where the back was pressed on leaving imprint on opposite side.
The second thing looks like the letter "G" but from the end of it,it looks to be broke.Both pieces made out of brass.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Picture 629.jpg
    Picture 629.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 420
  • Picture 630.jpg
    Picture 630.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 420
  • Picture 628.jpg
    Picture 628.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 426
  • Picture 626.jpg
    Picture 626.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 420
  • Picture 627.jpg
    Picture 627.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 421
Re: I Have No Idea What,Do you

who turned out the lights

Upvote 0
Re: I Have No Idea What,Do you

fortbball9 said:
Sorry for the not so clear pics
LOL I dont know if you are serious or joking. You need to turn on a light before you take the pictures, if the flash is off. I prefer Halogen but any light will help. The best lighting is to take the picture outdoors.

Attachments

• unknown dark room.jpg
    unknown dark room.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 409
Upvote 0
First one looks like a part of a lock on a leather attache/brief case, the part at the back is where the tongue of the lock goes into. Had one like it years ago.

Attachments

• CHENEY_BRIEF_TH.jpg
    CHENEY_BRIEF_TH.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 382
Upvote 0
I agree with Centralvic in that the first thing looks like a latch. The "G" piece looks like it was actually a "D" piece, or in this case a buckle without the tongue, yours is broken and bent. I have found a couple like this at older homes and only one with a tongue.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back