Jan 12, 2016
VA
Detector(s) used
Garret at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No clue still stumps me everyday I look in my misolanious relic buckets

Upvote 0
Also forgot to disclose if it helps that I found blue glass mason jar in same hole.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Kinda makes you think of the sort of thing that you might see in a textile mill or a ropery that would keep strands of string or yarns separate from one another in the manufacturing process

just a guess

Upvote 0
The old hand operated rope machines had a guide somewhat like that. Tony
Kinda makes you think of the sort of thing that you might see in a textile mill or a ropery that would keep strands of string or yarns separate from one another in the manufacturing process

just a guess

Upvote 0
All I can think of (meaning probably wrong) is a boiled egg holder or a salt pepper and hot sauce? holder.
Seems like maybe a rod connected to the center of one side... Does that seem right?

Upvote 0
All I can think of (meaning probably wrong) is a boiled egg holder or a salt pepper and hot sauce? holder.
Seems like maybe a rod connected to the center of one side... Does that seem right?

I get it too, a table caddy , a holder for seasonings and condiments in bottles or containers, perhaps something from aboard a ship to secure them while at sea, due to the movement of the water
or something as simple as a device to hold other implements upright

could be

Upvote 0
Guide bit?

reinsmand_374_large.jpg

Upvote 0
I think they may be chain separators for hay bales. this one has a 5 gang with a 3 gang below it like yours.
IMG_6869.JPG

Upvote 0
Too thick for a chain separator I think

Upvote 0
Looks to be a rope loop from a hay sling. They were used to load and unload hay from the loft of a barn. They were
made in many different configurations.

Upvote 0
If there was a hole in the center I would say the top section of a condiment set [salt, pepper vinegar] but if not then the other ideas may be it

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back