Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350. Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it went on a box or some thing like that not sure but looks old

image.jpg
image.jpg

I think that would be a colonial (or just post colonial) button with the shank being broken off. The star I believe is the back of it. I can't tell whats on the front, but there's "something".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Apparently, the majority of the small oval-shaped brass discs that we dig are part of a cufflink.

My guess about Kaleb73816's find:
Most of the time, a cufflink's "connector" was soldered or brazed onto the oval-shaped disc's back. Perhaps in this case the connector was riveted onto the disc, by using the small beveled hole in its center. Or, perhaps the beveled hole held a rhinestone (which makes sense due to the engraved "starburst rays" going outward from the hole), and the cufflink's connector was indeed soldered onto its back. I can't be sure from looking at the photo whether there is a solder-spot on the back of the oval-shaped disc's back, or not.

Upvote 0
:tongue3: I didn't even notice that it was oval... I've gotten too used to the often distorted pictures here.

Upvote 0
It is oval there is nothing on the back but one little bump and I don't think it's solder

image.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back