I have 4 buttons or button like items for ID.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE

Attachments

• Buttons Front.JPG
    Buttons Front.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 308
  • Buttons Rear.JPG
    Buttons Rear.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 313
  • Buttons Front.JPG
    Buttons Front.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 317
  • Buttons Rear.JPG
    Buttons Rear.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 315
Ant, # 2 Looks Alot Like An Early 1800's British Pattern, But I Can Not Find An Exact Match For It. Maybe PPK Will Have Better Luck. One Word Of Caution When You Clean Off All The Patina From A Dug Relic You Are Devaluing The Item. Best Of Luck. trk5capt...

Upvote 0
Re the #2 button...

Although as Trk5capt points out, there are early 19th century naval buttons of similar design, there are also many modern civilian blazer/fashion buttons displaying a fouled anchor within an oval, with a rope border, and I'm pretty sure that's what you've found. Here's one from the Waterbury Button Co.:

Attachments

• Oval Anchor.jpg
    Oval Anchor.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 216
  • Oval Anchor.jpg
    Oval Anchor.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 210
Upvote 0
PBK said:
Re the #2 button...

Although as Trk5capt points out, there are early 19th century naval buttons of similar design, there are also many modern civilian blazer/fashion buttons displaying a fouled anchor within an oval, with a rope border, and I'm pretty sure that's what you've found. Here's one from the Waterbury Button Co.:
You Nailed That One PPK, I Guess The Before Cleaning Pic Had Me Thinking It Was Older, Those Darn Blazer Buttons Anyway! There Ought To Be A Law!! trk5capt...

Upvote 0
I used a rock tumbler from Harbor Fright to tumble them. You can see the formula I used over in the Cleaning and Preservation Room.

Here’s the links.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,60777.0.html

Yeah, I sort of knew they weren’t old. Thanks for the tip on not tumbling key buttons trk5capt. I think the goes for anything we find in the ground. You can see that I mentioned that in this topic in the link below. It’s over in the same Cleaning and Preservation Room. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,66108.0.html

HH

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back