Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As always, I give back items known to have belonged to the landowner. I was detecting the new spot today in PA, it was 50 degrees, so couldn't resist. I dug a couple more tombac buttons, a spoon handle, a few modern coins, a broken piece to a colonial "paste" knee buckle in brass with "stones", and this charm.

It belonged to the owner who had buried it in memory of her little grandson. The thing had washed out and was lying on top of the ground. I saw it before the machine did. She was very happy to get it back and promptly reburied it!
IMG_5914.JPG
IMG_5915.JPG

Upvote 38
As always, I give back items known to have belonged to the landowner. I was detecting the new spot today in PA, it was 50 degrees, so couldn't resist. I dug a couple more tombac buttons, a spoon handle, a few modern coins, a broken piece to a colonial "paste" knee buckle in brass with "stones", and this charm.

It belonged to the owner who had buried it in memory of her little grandson. The thing had washed out and was lying on top of the ground. I saw it before the machine did. She was very happy to get it back and promptly reburied it!View attachment 2128978View attachment 2128979
The hunt was good, but returning the charm is special!

You're a credit to all of us for doing that- hope the good Karma always follows you around!

I looked it up, apparently she lived in the 7th century and was murdered by her father and is the patrol saint for mental afflictions and nervous disorders.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back