✅ SOLVED I found this token yesterday in my yard. An old Victorian Home. Someone shot a hole through it in years past.

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
D5707BCB-1A42-4292-852A-0F64E82B3DDE.jpeg

0B21B03C-5B56-4013-A0BC-8B150FE4DBC1.jpeg

Chas fry & Co./ Chas is old abbreviation of Charles. Whats the other word Silver*ou*

Upvote 2
Cool token! Wonder just how many pre 1920 bar and billiard hall tokens San Francisco had? Be a good category to collect, had 3 great uncles move there about 1897. at least one worked as a cigar maker and saloon worker.

Upvote 1
Chas fry & Co./ Chas is old abbreviation of Charles. Whats the other word Silver*ou*
Silver Cup. A cup is displayed on the back. Thank you for the id.

Upvote 0
Question for the group... Isn't the hole actually punched through rather than shot? I'm under the impression that most holes in coins were put there to facilitate stringing in an attempt to prevent losing them. In this case it didn't work! LOL

Upvote 2
Question for the group... Isn't the hole actually punched through rather than shot? I'm under the impression that most holes in coins were put there to facilitate stringing in an attempt to prevent losing them. In this case it didn't work! LOL
You might be correct. That’s what my wife thought.

Upvote 1
Cool token! Wonder just how many pre 1920 bar and billiard hall tokens San Francisco had? Be a good category to collect, had 3 great uncles move there about 1897. at least one worked as a cigar maker and saloon worker.
What great research. Thank you. Our home was built around 1870’s in Petaluma California. I’ve found numerous silver coins. A 1900 Morgan Silver Dollar. I’ve pretty much hunted it out. Yesterday I changed settings on the Nox. 800. I went Field 2 and Recovery 2. Within minutes I hit this token 8” deep.

Upvote 1
Nagant, how do I change the note from “unidentified” to “identified” and credit you?

Upvote 0
Chas. Fey started his business in 1896. Soon thereafter he had a son and changed the name on his tokens to Chas. Fey and Son. So my guess is the taken is either 1896 or 1897.
Don in SoCal.
Very nice. Thank you! Great information.

Upvote 0
That was quite valuable in its day. Some saloons gave a free dinner with the purchase of a nickel beer. I’d weigh 700 lbs if a nickel did that today!😂. Very nice token 👍🏼

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back